Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2022, 07:54 AM   #1

2022 Templar X 250 build quality and assembly

This bike was available and sold for about 4 months from Powersportsmax and XProUSA earlier this year. At the time of this edit (late June), XPro has them in stock! You can still get the little brother too (not the "X" model), which has no luggage rack, no adjustable suspension, but still has nearly all the rest of the components. Zuumav is the brand, which is shortened to "ZUMA" on the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO). It is model X7-CB250F, and the full name of the company is WUYI ZUMA Industry and Trade Co., LTD.

I am going to go through some of the things I did during assembly, and what I found as I put it together. First, the crate was standing on end in the truck when it arrived, and the crate had been damaged. Fortunately, the bike was not damaged.

We took it apart to check nuts and bolts, and to get the carb set up and check out the suspension and frame. The first thing we noticed was the beefy headset and frame construction. An yet this bike weighs only ~260lbs. And that is a 20hp 249cc Zongshen engine.

I cleaned up the casting on the clutch and brake lever mounts so that they can be allowed to twist away (instead of break) when it hits the dirt:

The right controls needed to be completely rearranged. They had the throttle roller down in front below the lever and I had to shave off the nub on the starter button housing (right) and lights/turn signal controls (left) because the holes in the handlebar weren't where I wanted them (no pic). But they hold position with just screw tension (and loctite), no problem.

Nice quality on the controls and levers.

The tail light wiring was exposed, so I installed a wiring sheath to protect them.

The exhaust system turns out to be a good quality stainless steel header and stainless steel sprung slip-on.

The rebound damping adjust on the rear shock has ~14 clicks. I did not do anything on the preload yet, but it is also adjustable.

A quick pic of the engine mounting hardware and swingarm pivot (WHILE the shock was out) revealed nice heavy duty build quality. And there is a spare chain roller mounted to the left stay there (free spare). That is a 520 chain.

The carb can be pulled out on the right side without removing the header. It is tight, but doable. Notice the blue QC marks on the carburetor. I noticed these all over the nuts and bolts on the frame and components on this bike. This is a good manufacturing practice.
Also, look at the thick external frame stays. This is a stiff/tough frame.

The OEM YouALL carb is a smoothbore. I rejet the main from 120 > 125, and pilot from 40 > 45, and shimmed the needle with just one washer (about 1mm).

EDIT 45 pilot was TOO rich. I backed off to #42.

The air filter is a large oiled foam dome. Lots of room for high flow. And the intake underneath it has smooth clean lines for good airflow.

Other build quality clues... Here is a pic of the rear brake cylinder, and the welding work and bear claw foot peg. There are stainless steel Allen bolts instead of Philips screws. The swingarm is cast alloy with welded connectors. It is surprising that this bike isn't heavier.

To give you an idea of the size/scale of the bike, here is is lined up by my GSX1250, the TBR7. This is a full sized enduro.

Last edited by Thumper; 03-04-2024 at 08:53 AM.