Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2023, 03:31 PM   #1

Head Scratching 2022 Templar 250 only starts with hot start and will die unless I hit the throttle.

Hi everyone! Let me begin with saying that I'm very new to this, and I'm learning as I go. I just got a 2022 Templar X that's been sitting in a garage for about 7 months. I live in the mountains, but I picked up the bike in the city where the elevation is very different. My issue is pretty much in the title, but for more details, the bike starts ONLY if I hold the hot start lever. It dies if I let go. Also it pops a little, but I'm assuming that's just the hot start lever doing its thing. I messed with the fuel screw and it still doesn't idle, but it does take longer to die when the fuel crew is all the way in. I haven't opened up and cleaned the carb, because frankly I'm a little intimidated, but if someone could provide some guidance that would be perfect, and if I don't have to mess with the carb then that's even better. I just wonder if I need to rejet it since the elevation is way different here. Also, the seller gave me an extra carb they were going to put on but never got around to it. It's a Keihin T carb. I was thinking instead of cleaning out the old one, to just put the upgrade in, but then I have to rejet everything and that's a whole another can of worms I'm afraid of opening. Anyway, thanks in advance! Any info will be appreciated.

Tags
carb issues, problems, templarx