Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2017, 12:07 AM   #1

Question Help Needed with Front Forks

I wanted to change my front fork oil this weekend. The right side went fine. However, the left side is being a bit of a challenge. I am having the same problem as MusicTrek posted about,
seen here in this post.

The problem is that the bottom hex bolt will not tighten up. I'm able to thread it in just fine, to a point. When it get close to the end, it just keeps spinning and spinning and will not tighten up. I tried:

1. Re-installing the top cap (temporarily) to put pressure back on the spring in hopes that it would press against the bottom and allow the hex bolt to tighten...didn't work.

2. I tried the broom stick method that Musictrek suggested. I had the strap pulled really tight, but it didn't work.

For the mean time, my bike is out of commission and that's not fun.

Please help me! In Musictrek's thread, "Humanbeing" suggested a tool, but the writing was in Chinese (Mandarin?) and the actual name of the tool was not listed. I looked online and I cannot find anything like that tool. And, the only "fork took" I'm finding relate to inverted forks, not "standard" forks. Is this a rare problem?

Any help and suggestions = greatly appreciated!