Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2023, 09:57 AM   #1

New Templar building need help

Hi
I just got my Templar M in like three days ago and starting to build it. Unlike the video my bike had a lot complete. The shocks and steering stem was all on the bike already. So my question are I have a bag of blue grease where does the grease go. And also what should I check and do that’s not in the video. Like should I oil the air filter what bolts to put Loctite on ect. Also does anyone know if the Templar x headlight will fit the Templar M. And is the chain suppose to be loose or do I need to adjust the wheel. Any tips and trick will be appreciated.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:15 AM   #2

Mostly I did the swingarm pivots and shaft, you have to assemble that when you get it out of the crate. I did not know what quality the grease they provided was so I bought my own Lucas Oil tubes and used that instead, marine grade where it was going to get wet, etc. General loctite advise is on anything you don't want falling off your bike as it goes down the road, and that's all brands, Harleys or you name it. Check out my guide in the signature for some recommendations on what I use loctite on. It has been a while since I looked at it but I also loctite my sprocket bolts when I changed out the sprocket on my rear wheel. The air filter should already be oiled, put your hand on it and see if you have any oily residue on your hand. A cleaner and new oil service kit can be bought online to clean and recharge the air filter every six months or on whatever schedule you need depending on how often you are using the bike will determine how often you need to clean and oil your air filter. The OEM chain will stretch and stretch and keep stretching, so put a new quality chain on the list of items to get for the bike. The chain gap will be pulled tighter as the rear swing arm moves through its motion of travel. You can determine the maximum point the gap closes by lining up the pivot point with the rear axle center and the front sprocket center in a straight line, you can do this with a ratchet strap over the bike and pulling up on the swing arms to compress the rear until alignment happens. It should still have some play in it and not be pinched tight at this point. Tension adjustment is done at the rear wheel moving it in and out. Once set you can back off the ratchet compression and see how much deflection you normally get when not on the bike and compressing the rear with your weight. Compare this with the owners manual's instructions for the recommended setting, you should be close. Just make sure you never go tight before that rear swing arm compresses into full alignment along its three points and you won't snap a chain. You'll be resetting the tension a lot frequently if you keep using the OEM chain as it likes to keep stretching so you'll get really good at it. The Templar resources post will let you know what the quality replacement consumables are and where they can be had.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 08-17-2023, 01:17 PM   #3

Ok thank you cause I was told to do the streering steam and stuff but that was already together and also the shocks. So the bike pretty much built pretty good

Old 08-17-2023, 03:59 PM   #4

Yea can’t seem to find the link to the area u put loctite on

Old 08-17-2023, 04:27 PM   #5

For starters, blue Loctite on the front and rear sprocket nuts/bolts, and the axle nuts. IDK what the torque specs are for the axle nuts. For most anything else, I think you are good to get them about 1/8 turn past snug, Loctite or no.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 08-17-2023, 06:08 PM   #6

Ok kool thanks

Tags
build, help me, templar’s, templarx