Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2024, 04:32 AM   #1

Stopping by to say "Hi"

I haven't been around in a while. Just figured I would stop in and say hello and catch up.

Almost 2 years ago my life was uprooted by the loss of my job. Up until the last 6 months I was struggling, but not because I couldn't find work. I struggled to find a good employer and decent pay. Too many places want to treat Maintenance workers like they are third class citizens, and pay them accordingly. OR they expect them to do every job in the place, including their own, and then blame them when things don't go the way they hoped. In this time period I had worked for 3 companies before landing my current position

In the end it worked out for me as I saw a 52% pay increase over the job I lost that started it all, and I now work directly for the company that produces the machines I used to work on for my previous employer. The funniest part being I will now occasionally go there as a contracted technician

I still have my Hawk and my big Viffer. Nothing new in the motorcycle world. I keep thinking of reasons to get rid of one or both a few times over the last couple of years. The Hawk in particular I keep wanting to replace with something else, but it is just so hard to get rid of. Simplifying it and doing the Motocult big bore cylinder and head have really made it hard to give it up.

Instead I have been on a health journey. I was diagnosed as diabetic right around the same time as I lost my job. I have since then put most of my time, energy, and focus on my own health, and have been working to be more active and outdoors. For both my physical and mental health.

Part of that journey lead me, unsurprisingly, back to bikes. This time in the form of e-bikes. It all started with my 2 stroke build I was sharing here. I rode that for a little bit, but they are so restricted on where you can take them that it was limiting, so I decided to get an ebike.

This has been my new journey, and it is REALLY fun.

It has been a boon to my cardio fitness, and yes it still does help with getting cardio as you can put it in lower assist modes or just turn it off. Even with assistance, just the rhythmic moving of major muscle groups is still enough to increase cardiac activity.

I also rediscovered my love for fishing and the water, and have been spending more time doing that as well.

Anyway, hope you all are doing well.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124