Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #1

A beautiful December's day ride.

Roger and his friend Phil came over to ride the local hills today. Phil is about 55 and used to be a pro racer when he was younger. Roger and I risked our lives trying to go fast enough for this guy to shift out of second :roll: .

We rode 35 miles and The Dirt Rat 2 performed flawlessly as usual. 8)

We all had a good safe time. It's a pleasure to meet new riding friends and learn from someone who really lnows how to ride.

He has a 2004 dualsported Kawasaki KDX220. Just like Brother Spud.

I'll post pics when I get time.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #2

Here's a few pics.

Lord it was a beautiful day. I've really been enjoying this Fall so far. I just wish it wouldn't get dark so early .

The KDX was trick. A beautifully installed Baja kit, Trail Tech intrumentation, sidestand, Gnarley pipe, FMF silencer, fancy wheels and hubs, extra cushy seat.

Riding up a large long hill The Dirt Rat 2 and I were flat out in 6th. That KDX passed me like I was tied to a sagebush. 8O

Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #3

I'm glad you guys had a good time riding, Brother Bill! Winter has arrived early in Idaho. :( The daily high temperatures here are below freezing, and are not projected to rise above freezing for the foreseeable future. :roll: Life is short, and summer is shorter yet; enjoy the ride while you can!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #4

So true Brother Spud. I'm sure weather will sentence me to four wheeled transportation intermittantly throughout the winter, but I'm lucky I can ride most of the time, provided I bundle up big time and have a sense of humor.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #5

I'm glad that you had a good ride. BTW, you probably would have gone faster in fourth gear; IIRC, fifth and sixth are overdrive gears.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #6

I'm sure I could have. Sixth is pretty tall for climbing a hill.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #7

Beautiful pics, the bikes look great out there! Like Spud, my season here is done as well... Wont be riding till April probably. Dang, I hate winter! :evil:

Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Beautiful pics, the bikes look great out there! Like Spud, my season here is done as well... Wont be riding till April probably. Dang, I hate winter! :evil:
Winter is a curse. :evil: I feel especially sorry for the handicapped, and aged people who must try to get around in the icy, freezing weather. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Winter is a curse. :evil: I feel especially sorry for the handicapped, and aged people who must try to get around in the icy, freezing weather. :(

Spud
Indeed, it's hard enough for able bodied people to get around without falling on their keesters... I think ice's only real use is in drinks! :wink:

Old 12-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:

Spud
Indeed, it's hard enough for able bodied people to get around without falling on their keesters... I think ice's only real use is in drinks! :wink:
Amen!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #11

Ice is especially good in drinks while enjoying a hockey game, which is also a good use for ice.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer