Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #1

TMEC/Denali source, apparently

TMEC has made a run-around of Excalibur www.atv4usa.com in bringing their 200cc enduros through another distributor in the US www.riderswholesale.com (not sure they are the actual distributor, but they did make the following video)

The differences seem to be that the 'Denali' comes in orange or blue, has big graphics, and I have only seen the Denalis come with knobbies vs. the 17" street tires/wheels. Yes, the video makes some exaggerations, but I have to say the Zongshen 200cc air-cooled CG200 engine is bulletproof even if the rest of the bike isn't

The price is not outrageous, either, although one could get them lower cost via Excalibur. Within months, if all goes well, I will be on to my next TMEC. The reason I want another one is, besides cost, and ease of working on it (and the availability of getting parts through Excalibur), familiarity with it, and knowing what I will do to prep it, is the "what if?" factor. I bought my bike used, and as was discussed on a recent thread, how abused was it before I got it? The back story I heard (not from the seller, but the dealer who I thought I needed to sort the MSO through since the bike was never registered, but found out I didn't need the dealer to register it in AZ) was that someone bought the bike from him to destroy it in a 'video for MTV.' Not necessarily a music video, but perhaps one of their shows, such as "Jacka**" which makes some sense as far as 'destorying' it (using a new-looking sporty bike which is fairly disposable for an industry that can destroy vehicles). The video did not happen, and it went from the video producer to the guy who bought it and sold it to me. For all I know, he got it free? However, no matter which angle he tried, he could not register it because these bikes are 49 state EPA/DOT certified, just not CARB for California. He did have a fake temporary tag on it, and had it parked on the street for who knows how long (when a vehicle is sold new or used through a dealer in California, they often come with a paper plate (no numbers or dates, usually only a dealer's logo). There is another paper that is supposed to be taped to the back of your window, but bikes wouldn't have a place to tape additional paperwork. The bike looked new enough, so he got away with riding it on occasion. He also has a Harley V-Rod which is legally registered. How much he rode it? Don't know since the speedo cable was broken and stuck on '302' (still is). How long it as sitting in the 'elements?' Don't know, but it was parked on the street since he lived in an old, vintage, small apartment in Hollywood which did not have a parking spot. L.A. does not get extreme weather overall, but these bikes seem to have no weatherproofing, either, so occasional rain and humidity already had given the exhaust a lot of surface rust (still there--I wear it loud and proud!...or just haven't bothered with it...).

So, if you are considering one of these, either the Denali or a 'regular' TMEC, take a lot of the claims in this video with a grain of salt. Just see it for what he did mention--simple bike. I do wish that Excalibur would bring out an orange one (since they have far less and smaller graphics and the available street 17" front/rear).

http://vimeo.com/83709441

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #2

Thanks for posting the good information, Culcune.

A price of $1,499, with free delivery, is a pretty good deal on a new TMEC200. I like the orange color scheme (of course), and the conventional, 18-inch and 21-inch wheels on this bike.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Daeouse
Hmm. . . very nice. . .

Old 03-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post

A price of $1,499, with free delivery, is a pretty good deal on a new TMEC200. I like the orange color scheme (of course), and the conventional, 18-inch and 21-inch wheels on this bike.
I didn't notice the 'free shipping' so this does make for a good deal! I know parts are available via Excalibur, if not through these guys, so that should help ease one's mind of ordering one through either these guys or a local dealer (or direct from Excalibur) . However, Excalibur has offered me a TMEC for lower than this, and I prefer the street wheels/tires.

I wonder if the Ocala ATV place gets their bikes through here, or is there a 'secret' importer who seemingly supplies the east?--either way, his $1899 price is a little high!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #5

tmec denali

wow that is a decent deal......but after looking up riderswholesale.........they have a lot of complaints filed against them.....so i think i will pass.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
wow that is a decent deal......but after looking up riderswholesale.........they have a lot of complaints filed against them.....so i think i will pass.
Like I wrote, Excalibur have all the parts for the TMEC, so if you got the bike from these guys in spite of their reputation, you could still repair it yourself down the line.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #7

With the possible exception of QLink, a warranty on a Chinese bike has always been virtually worthless. The great majority of vendors who promise warranty coverage are either naive, or lying to the consumer.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #8

denali tmec

from the complaints against riders wholesale.....it seems like getting the bike you ordered is iffy but the worst thing is ,,they seem to have alot of complaints with getting people the proper paperwork to actually register the bike,,,,,thats unfortunate ,,cause i really like the orange denali alot. But in PA your paperwork has to be perfect an you must jump thru alot of hoops,,,,from what im reading their customer service is very lacking...sure you can probably google any seller an see complaints,,,but wow,, they have alot .

Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #9

That's a red flag for sure. I remember the problems you encountered getting your Pitster Pro XY400 registered in the PRP (Peoples' Republic of Pennsylvania).

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Daeouse
Shame. Definitely off the list now. . .

Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #11

I think just about anything is steet legal in Florida. Have not heard of any registration problems there.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeouse View Post
Shame. Definitely off the list now. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
I think just about anything is steet legal in Florida. Have not heard of any registration problems there.
Kato used to live in Georgia, so he is familiar with the Florida regulations. You probably only need the MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) and a sales receipt to register the bike in Florida. Pennsylvania is an entirely different matter.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #13

Seems like alot of Chinese bikes registered in Florida and we never hear of anyone having trouble there. PA, IL, MN, IA, CA, NY, seem to be some of the worst.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #14

I easily got a license plate for my 2004 Honda CRF250X in Idaho. No inspection is necessary; just fill out the paperwork and walk out of the DMV with your license plate. In Idaho I could get a license plate for my snow blower.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #15

Somewhere in our past I believe I posted a pic of Spuds dual sport snowblower