Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #1

new to the forum weak starter issue

hello am new to the forum recently just purchased a new to me gio beast 250cc having an issue with the starter only cranks over about 3 rotations then stops is my starter punched or is there still hope

Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #2

I was having issues with my 250 starter a wile back and I ended up taking it apart and cleaning is really good and put it back together and it works better than ever now.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #3

starter

A lot of starting problems end up being a bad battery,... most people think just because the battery charger says that it is charged .. does not mean that it is all charged up... the battery really needs to have AMPS.. and not just have 12-13 volts.... if you have another battery from a lawnmower... other atv.. you can use some jumper cables and jump the battery... or switch it over ... I do not like to tell people to use their car battery as you are using a battery with 500 - 800 amps going in to a battery that may have just 50 - 150 amps..( larger atvs may have a 200 - 300 amp battery )... this MAY cause it to BLOW UP.. there has been a lot of post on this STARTING PROBLEMS.. and usually I take the simple way to check things out... it is a lot of work to take the starter off... clean it out... replace it ( $$) .. only to find out you have the same problem you had in the being... take the battery out ( if you do not have another one ) and go to a place to have it tested for free.. and then you can go from there..

Old 11-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #4

thanks for the quick feed back I just bought a new battery and tried it same issue cranks 3 times then stops I'm going to take the starter off clean it and go from there if there's no change il have to have it tested does anyone know if there's a parts retailer in Ontario for parts? I'm having a hard time finding someone

Old 11-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #5

chinese atv parts

Hello there are many places.. the real question is .... WHERE ARE YOU.. Tell us where you are and then we can help you... the problem is EBAY is a cheap source.. but who wants to wait 2-4 weeks.. so you can buy from local sources at a higher price.. I have some places in Ontario to help you.. but as I say ... where are you...