Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #1

M3C LED Bulb Installation in a Baja Light

Hello, [Bike (LF200GY-2) 2007 ]

I just got this bulb here, http://micarslighting.en.alibaba.com...headlight.html

I have a Baja Headlight, it came with an H4 Bulb, I will be removing this bulb for the LED Bulb, the Headlight also has another little light in it as well, I think that's the Low Beam light? not to sure, at the back of the case it has a Black and Green wires, the black wire looks like a female connector and the green wire looks like a male connector, do I need to connect these wires to anything or no? and if so where do these wires go? I have a picture #1 to show you.

The Baja Light Switch has the connector that connects to the harness that I got with the package, that would be the "yellow, green, red, and blue wire. Also there is a White and Black Male connectors too shown in the picture #2, where do these wires connect too and what are they for?
On the Light Switch, I have High/Low/ Kill Switch buttons.

Where and How do I connect the 3 Wires coming from the M3C Led bulb?
The Bulb does have a fan at the back, and I heard its a good idea to cut a hole into something for a heat relief, the bulb gets someone hot. I hope someone has this bulb and can give me the best pointers.
Shown in Picture #3

I believe this bulb can do High/Low beam, is this true?

With the wire harness that come with the Baja Headlight Kit picture #4, is it ok to connect a 2nd Black and Red wire to my Battery since there is already a harness in my bike?...

At the very end of the harness is a connector for a tail light, I would like to hardwire this taillight so it automatically comes on when I turn my headlight on, I do NOT have a rear tail light switch. I don't know how to do this. In Picture #5 it shows the wires.

Thank you for the help, its a lot of fun working on this bike and I'm learning a lot about everything on the inside
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bajalight.jpg (75.2 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4132.jpg (76.0 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg MC3BulbWire.jpg (8.7 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg FULLviewwireharness.jpg (94.2 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg harnessandreartaillight.jpg (78.9 KB, 153 views)

Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

Unsure the "Baja" config but u can always check it w/ multimeter .
---
M3C

White (DC12v +) Low beam
Blue (DC12V +) High beam
Green (Ground)

Old 03-19-2015, 11:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
...the Headlight also has another little light in it as well, I think that's the Low Beam light? not to sure, at the back of the case it has a Black and Green wires, the black wire looks like a female connector and the green wire looks like a male connector, do I need to connect these wires to anything or no? and if so where do these wires go?...
The little light is a running light, which is required in Europe. This light is not required in the United States, therefore, you don't need to connect those wires.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-19-2015, 11:59 PM   #4

Quote:
...The Baja Light Switch has the connector that connects to the harness that I got with the package, that would be the "yellow, green, red, and blue wire. Also there is a White and Black Male connectors too shown in the picture #2, where do these wires connect too and what are they for?
On the Light Switch, I have High/Low/ Kill Switch buttons...
Did you get a wiring diagram with your harness?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-20-2015, 01:45 AM   #5

M3C had H4 version:

---
H4 male (ie. the bulb)
| Hi | Common |
| Lo |

Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #6

Aweeeeee nooo, well since I already have the other connectors, what should I do? Can I find some kind of adapter?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #7

I replaced the bullet connectors with spade connectors.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...+-+spade+style

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #8

Ok awesome! I went to my closent bike shop and they helped me put the spade connectors on it!!! Now it will fit in good!! Spud do I need a rectifier or will my bike put out enough juice to operate the headlight for night time driving. how long do you think I will be able to ride with the light on for?

Old 03-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Ok awesome! I went to my closent bike shop and they helped me put the spade connectors on it!!! Now it will fit in good!! Spud do I need a rectifier or will my bike put out enough juice to operate the headlight for night time driving. how long do you think I will be able to ride with the light on for?
No rectifier needed Diggy, It´s all dc voltage, and your LED lightbulb only needs about 18 watts, that´s about 1/3 of your previous stock incandescent or halogen light...

Old 03-20-2015, 11:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
No rectifier needed Diggy, It´s all dc voltage, and your LED lightbulb only needs about 18 watts, that´s about 1/3 of your previous stock incandescent or halogen light...

That's Great to hear this! So if you have the M3C Bulb installed, any tips on installing it properly? Someone said its a good idea to drill a hole somewhere to let the heat out? Is this a good idea? Also when I install it in the Baja Headlight (HOPEFULLY it fits) Do I cover the fan with the rubber plastic piece the Baja Light comes with, or try to hide everything so its water tight? Any tips or pictures would be great!

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #11

Quote:
... enough juice to operate the headlight for night time driving. how long do you think I will be able to ride with the light on for?
Depends on ur rev & which stator / rec
The cheapest rec is ~3A max output http://mall.mxjidian.com/?de=goodslist,term--3 . The std "8" stator http://mall.mxjidian.com/?de=goodslist,term--7 is ~100W

Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #12

If the headlight illuminates when you turn the ignition key, you don't need a rectifier. If the headlight only illuminates when the engine is running, you need a rectifier.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #13

Quote:
...Someone said its a good idea to drill a hole somewhere to let the heat out? Is this a good idea? Also when I install it in the Baja Headlight (HOPEFULLY it fits) Do I cover the fan with the rubber plastic piece the Baja Light comes with, or try to hide everything so its water tight? Any tips or pictures would be great!

Thanks!
Did you get a wiring diagram with your harness? If you post a wiring diagram, I can tell you exactly how to wire your headlight. If not, I can tell you how to wire the headlight after you do a little testing.

Do not cover the fan. The fan needs to be located in the open air, or the LED bulb will overheat.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #14

Ok just to let you guys know my LED bulb died. the little fan that cools the bulb stopped working, and the bulb overheated and almost started an electrical fire while riding, I turned the headlight switch right away...
So I replaced the headlight shroud with one that came from a Suzuki DR-Z and the bulb with a incandescent one, I´m looking for the latest generation LED bulb...

Old 03-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #15

Wow

Damn, that sounds bad. The fan stopped working, what happened?
What is covered up?