Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

New RX3 Owner in Colorado (sort of)

Finally bit the bullet. After riding Marzhere's RX-3 on and off for the past year and a half, including the 2016 CSC Baja ride, I have been pondering getting a second RX3 for myself. Then pondering a 2015 or a 2016.

There have been a few posted here and on Craigslist in various parts of the country. I eventually found one for a smok'n price down in Houston on a 2015 (blue) with very low (170) miles. Tiger12XB (William) lives down in that neck of the woods and was kind enough to check out the bike. I cannot thank William enough for helping me out. Great guy.

I was originally going to fly then ride. It being November and travel back to Colorado was starting to look a little dicey so I chose to drive and haul the bike back on my hitch carrier. The long holiday weekend would be a great time to bomb down to Houston and pick it up. Marzhere and Zenni (our dog) indicated they were up for the trip as well.

As luck would have it, my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson who live in Corpus Christi were going to Houston over the weekend as well so we were able spend some time with them on Thanksgiving day.

Picked up the bike on Friday morning and started back to Colorado. At this point we decided to head back up I-45 towards Dallas and surprise my parents who live outside Dallas. They had no idea we were coming. Had a great visit and stay with them, albeit short.

The RX3 purchase turned into an awesome and memorable trip with unexpected time with family.

Rojo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue rx3 1.jpg (64.1 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg blue rx3 2.jpg (67.8 KB, 208 views)

Old 11-27-2016, 08:22 PM   #2

Congrats on the 2nd RX3! And it looks like it came with the center stand, so a nice bonus. I've always admired the blue RX3, such a handsome color, especially in person!

Old 11-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #3

Considering the logistics, time, and pressure of "doing the ride" I'd say you did the right thing ,especially since you were able to visit with the kinfolk.

Indeed, Looks brand new!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #4

Awesome news and road trip rojo! Congrats on not just the new RX3 in the stable but also being able to see all of the family for the holidays. Good stuff....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

One little
Two little
Three little Zongshens,,,,,

Congratulations on that bargain, Rojo!

I'm sure you already know to check it over, but I'm going to go ahead and say it here. Since it's provenance is unknown (shipped assembled or bought in-the-box) you might want to start from absolute scratch. Check the CSC recommended fasteners for tightness, valve clearance, metric windshield washer fluid, etc.

Might have to alter your name, even. Azule Grande? Rojo + azule= Purpura Grande? Dos Chinos Grande?

Old 11-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #6

Jay,
The bike was shipped assembled but to your point, I will be going over the bike in detail this weekend. Oil, filter, lube, tighten the brake fluid, adjust the flux capacitor, etc. Then let the farkling begin.

Rojo Grande is a nickname I was given about 30 years ago when I had hair and beard that was dark red. Now, what hair I have and my beard are more grey than red. Gris Canoso Grande is probably more appropriate these days.

Rojo

Old 11-28-2016, 10:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
Jay,
The bike was shipped assembled but to your point, I will be going over the bike in detail this weekend. Oil, filter, lube, tighten the brake fluid, adjust the flux capacitor, etc. Then let the farkling begin.

Rojo Grande is a nickname I was given about 30 years ago when I had hair and beard that was dark red. Now, what hair I have and my beard are more grey than red. Gris Canoso Grande is probably more appropriate these days.

Rojo
So this is a pic of you at 27?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
So this is a pic of you at 27?
Naw. That is Rojo's high school senior picture. I'd say the change in hair quantity and color was due to our daughter, but I'd be lying. Honor is mine alone .