Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2017, 11:54 PM   #1

Shark attack!!!

Well after way to much time looking at China bikes on various sites and watching more YouTube vids than I'll ever admit to I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Bashan Shark.
I promise to take lots of pics when it gets here.

Robb

Old 03-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #2

Congrats! It looks like the Enforcer, for the most part, and while the Enforcer is said to be the Hawk, but 'upgraded', the Shark seems to be an upgrade to the Enforcer. It has the digital dash and, what should be standard by now on every Chinese enduro--a rack, as well as the more streetable tires (an upgrade, in my book, over the rugged knobbies). Plus, you won't have to guess as to what engine (counterbalanced or not) you are getting as our Enforcer guinea pigs had to!

Where did you order it from, and why and what made you choose it over the Brozz?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-13-2017, 03:22 AM   #3

Shark lacks fuel gauge if I member correctly
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #4

The only upgrade the Enforcer has over the Hawk is the registration issues with some states.The problem with the carb is that is sealed and I think that the Hawk has better brakes.All in all it's an exciting time to be a chinariders member it's only gonna get better from here.We are a special breed,taking bets on chinese made motorcycles.I feel special riding it because they are still rare aound here in NJ.

Last edited by chuck; 03-13-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #5

First, congrats. I'm sure we are all eagerly anticipating pics and a review.

Second,

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Where did you order it from, and why and what made you choose it over the Brozz?
I was wondering the same thing. The only place I saw online that has them is powerrideoutlet and they list $2500 as the price.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Congrats! It looks like the Enforcer, for the most part, and while the Enforcer is said to be the Hawk, but 'upgraded', the Shark seems to be an upgrade to the Enforcer. It has the digital dash and, what should be standard by now on every Chinese enduro--a rack, as well as the more streetable tires (an upgrade, in my book, over the rugged knobbies). Plus, you won't have to guess as to what engine (counterbalanced or not) you are getting as our Enforcer guinea pigs had to!

I purchased. It from power sports max for 1531.00 shipped. Why I chose it over the brozz is I hate the fake carbon fiber look. If I decide I want the USD forks they are only 50 dollars to purchase. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that I did not choose poorly .

Old 03-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #7

Where did you find the USD forks and Triple Tree?

I am wanting to upgrade our Bashan over to USD Forks one of these days and the only place I can find it (CSC) wants almost $300 per fork and another arm and leg for the Triple Tree and shipping charges on top of everything else.

Thanks for joining us! Can't wait to see pics of your Shark

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Where did you find the USD forks and Triple Tree?

I am wanting to upgrade our Bashan over to USD Forks one of these days and the only place I can find it (CSC) wants almost $300 per fork and another arm and leg for the Triple Tree and shipping charges on top of everything else.

Power sports max has them listed in the suspension section however it was was just the forks I was thinking you just reused the original triple tree. And the for the welcome

Old 03-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Power sports max has them listed in the suspension section however it was was just the forks I was thinking you just reused the original triple tree. And the for the welcome

Link Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
I purchased. It from power sports max for 1531.00 shipped. Why I chose it over the brozz is I hate the fake carbon fiber look. If I decide I want the USD forks they are only 50 dollars to purchase. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that I did not choose poorly .
Okay, that explained your choice over the Brozz. I am quite sure you did not choose poorly. Both the Brozz and Shark are supposed to be a 'premium' bike over the 'rank and file' Bashans. The Shark is only 'lacking' in USD forks if I recall, hence the $100 price difference.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
The only place I saw online that has them is powerrideoutlet and they list $2500 as the price.
I had noticed the obvious error they made, and it took someone to point it to me on a thread about a month or so ago; the error is they double priced it, and have not fixed it. Come to think of it, a couple members stated they have not returned any emails the past few weeks, nor answered the phone, so my guess they are in some stage of going out of business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

He will be the first member with one!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150