Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #1

Irate MotoBuys.com deception

Hi all! Great forum I am happy to join this community.

I want to share my experience with MotoBuys with you.

I placed an order with MotoBuys last night for a Bashan BSR (Enforcer/Lancer Enduro DB-250). It costs $89 more than the Hawk and I like the BSR more than the Hawk.

Then I searched up MotoBuys on this fine forum, and found many unfavorable posts.

Worried, I called up Motobuys. First of all, they don't announce their name when they answer your phone. Make sure you get their names for accountability. Then, they tried to brush you off by saying the order has shipped without looking up your order. (They say they have caller ID, but latter asked for an order number that I don't have). Worst part is, he tried to convince me the Hawk and the BSR is the same bike made by the same manufacturer. :(

At the end of the call, they cancelled my order, I hope.

Anyone know a great place with Bashan DB-41H in stock I can purchase?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #2

There are numerous happy Hawk owners here, but I would prefer the Bashan bike over the Hawk due to a few things, namely the no-hassle registration since they are EPA certified for 49 states vs. the Hawk which, while plated in the majority if states, is technically certified as an off-road motorcycle by the EPA. Many states have no issues plating them, but a few might. Another feature is it seems the Bashan is geared for the street, although some Hawk owners prefer the off-road oriented gearing of the Hawk. I believe the carb has less issues with tuning out of the box for the Bashan. However, the Hawk is a fantastic bike from all I have read here on Chinariders, but you wanted a Bashan, so get a Bashan. You might have to try Powersportsmax or Superior Powersports for the Bashan, because it seems that ASPCA, who feature the Bashan and call it the 'Enforcer' has been nothing but some kind of trouble for those ordering the Bashan (I only said the Bashan, because some who have ordered ATVs and pit bikes have written they have had decent experiences).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #3

I ordered an Apollo 250 from Motobuys. I did it all on line. I never contacted them over the phone. I kind of got worried about my order after a week and a half. It was a holiday week when I ordered so I was giving them a little break. I sent an email but never received an answer. Never got anything saying it was shipped. Then all of the sudden my bike arrived. I live in NC. Motobuys is in CA I believe. It was actually shipped from a company in GA. I guess they have some kind of US network of warehouses. The shipping company was great. Bike arrived in perfect shape. Nothing broken bent or missing. Even though Motobuys didn’t answer my email I still got my bike in a reasonable amount of time. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #4

There is one other rider here in Vegas (702Truee on Youtube) who posted several videos on the Bashan DB-41H, so I choose it over Hawk 250 and the much too pricey for me CSC TT250. I was about to buy the Honda CRF250L when a friend told me to look at the Hawk 250. Being from Taiwan I can actually read the Chinese characters so that got me into China bikes. So I thought Bashan being a 2nd tier manufacturer is probably a good place to start vs HaosenMotor.com that I cannot find any info on. (their website is down?)

I haven't tried PowerSportsMax I can't seem to locate the Bashan BSR on their website, but I will call. I did call both APSCUSA and Superior.

Don from APSCUSA is a very likeable gentleman on the phone, we spoke at length (a bit too long for my liking with the stories xD) but they don't have the bike in stock so that is that. He apparently sold all of them to other dealers.

I also contacted Roketa in CA. They are also OOS.

I couldn't agree on a price with Superior, will call them again on Monday

MotorBuys is in AZ it appears. One dealer in Chandler AZ have the Bashan BSR in stock but they don't crate and ship. It appears most internet resellers simply drop ship from their distributors. So all they do is take the order, tell the distributor to ship to customer, and profit... CSC being the exception with excellent customer service and support, at a price.

The reason I called instead of order online with MotorBuys is I want to make sure they have BSR in stock, and remove the *free accessories I didn't want (*$60 value). I just wish they didn't treat all customers as if they are naive...

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Old 03-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresROC View Post

The reason I called instead of order online with MotorBuys is I want to make sure they have BSR in stock, and remove the *free accessories I didn't want (*$60 value). I just wish they didn't treat all customers as if they are naive...
Motobuys has switched bikes on people before, and were apparently going to do it again with you. I have been a member here on Chinariders for quite a while, but newer members might not realize that Motobuys rebrands the bikes they sell with defunct brands (importers) that used to sell in the US several years ago. That way, they can (in their mind) ship a different, but similar bike.

The distributor for the Bashan Storm and DB-41H (the one ASPCA calls the 'Enforcer') is out of So. Cal. I have heard not so great things about them, and when ASPCA tries to drop-ship from them, I am guessing the orders get really screwed up.

As far as the Hawk--the Haosen company in the US used to be called Hensim. They had a very basic, but solid lineup of bikes, including the bike that is now called the RPS Viper 150 dirt bike, a smaller pit bike or bikes, and a few ATVs. They offered a dual-sport for a brief period of time in the 22Xcc range (they called it a 250; it looked different than the Hawk), but then the company pulled out of the US. They had tried to deceive the US EPA with false emission readins, and were facing some serious fines and whatnot.

RPS is a subsidiary of Hensim/Haosen, so they have obviously come back to the US market a couple or so years ago. They actually have a good reputation, so if you ended up with a Hawk, you wouldn't really be 'compromising'. But, like I mentioned, I would prefer the Bashan over a Hawk.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #6

Welcome to the "Buying a Chinabike" Club.
Good luck getting any real customer service out of any of them, on a consistant basis other than CSC.
Other than them, they're all a roll-of-the-dice. I've done ok with Superior Powersports with the ship/receive part of the deal. After sale support was non-existent for me.

It's the main reason CSC's bikes are a little more costly. They answer the phone, have a huge parts supply and great online service support. Those people have to be paid.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #7

Thanks. Also noticed SaferWholesale.com over the weekend. They carry the Hawk as well as the "Hawk 2" aka Bashan BSR and "Hawk 3" aka Bashan Shark. They have a few helpful assembly instruction videos as well. Wonder if its worth a try. The "sales" voice tone is a bit over the top in my opinion but that wouldn't dissuade me to try them...

Keihin PZ30 Main-115 Pilot-38 Needle-1Washer Fuel Mixture-1/2

BSR Chronicles - "Project leads to more projects!"

Yamaha WR250R
Suzuki GSX-R 600

Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresROC View Post
Thanks. Also noticed SaferWholesale.com over the weekend. They carry the Hawk as well as the "Hawk 2" aka Bashan BSR and "Hawk 3" aka Bashan Shark. They have a few helpful assembly instruction videos as well. Wonder if its worth a try. The "sales" voice tone is a bit over the top in my opinion but that wouldn't dissuade me to try them...
They, like Motobuys, are notorious for switching products. They hide behind their size, but playing naïve as in--"we didn't realize we were sold out of XXXXXXX, but will send you XXXXXX"; a few members have ordered bikes from them that they had called to confirm were in stock. Right before shipping, they were told the bike is not in stock, and Safer wanted to ship them an alternate bike. I would trust them less than Motobuys.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150