Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2018, 06:11 PM   #1

Venom motorsports

Ordered the venom x22 R 250 on Thurs.3/15/18.Called and talked to Vinny and ordered a blue one.Told him about this forum and he said he didn’t know about it.Anyway he threw in a free helmet and rush shipping.Order shipped Friday 3/16/18 and according to tracking it should be here Wednesday 3/21/18.Im pretty stoked I hope all goes well.I will update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3A187F1D-74EB-4C40-97B4-BCC22995FFED.jpg (7.3 KB, 450 views)

Old 07-04-2018, 01:41 PM   #2

Venom has a pretty decent reputation around here , almost as good as CSC if not equal.
I would be really, really surprised to hear you had any issues with them ,it's a shame that all China bike Dealers aren't as good as these two and so many are so shady. The quality on the China bikes has improved a lot faster in my opinion than the quality of the Dealers , maybe the Dealers got so used to ducking and dodging Buyers back when the China Bikes quality really was atrocious that now they don't know any other way to do business despite the fact that most China Bike quality has improved

dramatically even in the last 5 years .Yes they have a certain number of "replace this right away " parts depending on the Model but given the fact they are anywhere from a fourth to a half of a Japanese bikes cost, that isn't a deal breaker ,especially if you are mechanically inclined which if you aren't you probably shouldn't be in the China Bike market at all to begin with ,they simply don't have Dealerships like Honda or Yamaha etc. that specialize in " customer hand holding" lol.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #3

Venom and Vinny have known about this site for years. They don't acknowledge it because most of us know more about their products than they do.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:58 PM   #4

Someone at Venom apparently knows about us, since their Ad is all over the Home page lol.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:01 AM   #5

Venom are pretty much on the up and up...the only thing they insist that is 'true' that the rest of us know is false is their 4/5 scale Ninja replica, the one with the 125cc engine, goes 75 mph?! On their Facebook site, someone asked about this, and the response was that once the bike is worn in, it should be hitting 75 mph (and no, not kph, but mph). To me, hitting above 80 kph, or around 55 mph, would be a fantastic feat for that bike. But, Chinese manufacturers have always exaggerated their bikes' top speeds, which does contribute to the mistrust.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-05-2018, 01:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Venom and Vinny have known about this site for years. They don't acknowledge it because most of us know more about their products than they do.
I did mention Chinariders on their Facebook page (which popped up in my feed a couple weeks ago) in an answer to someone's question, and FB later told me that Venom 'liked' my post, lol.

My only gripe with them is that they don't offer the full-size enduros. I am sure it has something to do with them offering products on both sides of the border, but since I am quite certain they maintain a U.S. office, they could dramatically increase sales offering products, such as full-size enduros, to U.S. customers until Canada gives their approval to bikes not yet certified by Canada. If they don't maintain an office, perhaps, since I now live in the L.A. metropolitan area, perhaps I should offer them my services for the purpose of offering an expanded lineup to U.S. customers of popular full-size bikes such as Bashan's Storm and Enforcer.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #7

"My only gripe with them is that they don't offer the full-size enduros. "

I wouldn't be surprised to see Venom move into offering full sized soon , just a few years ago their Model line up was much more limited than it is now ,they seem to be slowly adding offerings and build their parts availability and tech expertise and advice up as they go. I'd rather see Venom build their line up slowly with parts availability and product knowledge factored in, than see them follow the "Manny path" and offer everything under the sun, but have no parts for, or hardly any technical knowledge about any of it.

Venom does have a decent line up of instructional Videos on YouTube which

is a plus , most Dealers don't have that .

In any case I hope they do move into a few full size offerings so we will have another reputable Dealer to go alongside CSC .