Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Finally pulled the TTrigger.

After one month of due diligence, which consisted of viewing every you tube on the web, downloading 50 different photo to my screensaver and reading every review and road test out there, I finally decided to get a new TT250.
Ordered a white one this past Tuesday and was notified that it shipped yesterday. As posted many time on this forum, the service from CSC is exemplary. Steve patiently answered all my questions every time I called and TK was very thorough going over all the details of the purchase.
Though it was more expensive than the competition (I was also considering the Hawk and the Brozz), the combination of higher quality components like the 300 watt alternator, better switchgear, adjustable upside down fork and rear suspension, electronic dash, counterbalanced motor and most importantly the excellent dealer support with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty made the decision the only logical choice. When I originally searched for a used dirt bike the prices were higher for beaters than a new TT, so it was really a no brainer.
Back in the 70’s I worked as a service manager for a Southern California Honda dealership when an XL250 was a simple, carbureted, comfortable, fun dual purpose bike. Sounds just like the TT.
When I first looked at the Hawk, the dealer basically assembled the bike and handed it to you with no pre-delivery service whatsoever. When I inquired about them doing a valve adjustment and fresh oil change the response was that it was full of oil and the motor was quiet (yes, tight valves are quiet).
On the other hand, this is what CSC does, so I’m confident that I made the best decision.

Name:  270CE143-04D7-411D-8816-9BDFD25A5B97.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  18.5 KB