Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtyGirl88
Roketa Typhoon 125

Hi! I just got my Typhoon and am having a bit of trouble with the carb. I am hoping someone can be of assistance.

First thing is that the PZ20 carb seems to have 2 petcocks, although I am not sure what the lower one is for.

Second problem is that the carb is leaking all over. (before you ask Yes I did tighten all the bolts, screws etc on it.) I have taken it off the bike hoping that a good cleaning with carb cleaner will cure the problem. I thought that I might get some more ideas from you folks before I put it back on.

I love the bike, I better after all the trouble we have gone through to get that darn thing. Some dealers out there just aren't very honest or trustworthy. We found that out the hard way.

Thanks for the help!

DG88

I need to rephase a portion of this post...

I have 1 petcock on the left hand side of the gas tank, which would be "normal" and on the right hand side of the carb, under the choke, there is what appears to be a built in petcock on the carb. There seems to be no ryhme or reason for this "petcock".

I have looked all over the internet for information on the Dekni PZ20 carb and can't find anything that would be remotely helpful.

Oh and BTW if I wasn't totally clear I have a Roketa Typhoon 125CC.

I'm hoping someone else out there either has one and has had this type of expereince with it or has the knowledge that I obviously lack.

I suppose I should also state that I love the appearance of the bike at this point since I actually haven't gotten it started let alone ride it. I'm positive it will be a fun to ride. It was a great gift to get!

Thanks Again!!!

DG88

Old 01-28-2008, 02:25 AM   #2

http://www.aumoparts.com/product_det...productid=6995

This it?
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 01-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #3

Appears to be the one.

Yes Sir Warrior. That does appear to be the little devil itself.

To bad that website didn't have a bit more information about it.

I just got the bike Thurs, spent a couple hours after work Thurs & Fri putting it together, along with running all over looking for a bolt for the A-arm (the factory only put 1 bolt on one of the A-arms).

Finally got all the electrical connections & all the nuts & bolts checked etc on Sunday.

My first attempt to start it ended with gas pouring out of the air filter and the overflow. My Fiance checked the slide in the carb and noticed that it wasn't in the carb right, fixed that, tried again with the same results. We thought that the float may be stuck so we took the carb off the bike to give it a good cleaning. That's the project for today. Tear it apart and clean it really well.

I thought that the "extra" petcock might have something to do with the major overflow of gas. I don't see how or where but i thought it might be some kind of a vacuum assist or something of that nature. Sounds goofy I know but I have never seen this type of carb before.

Thanks,

DG88

Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #4

Sorry I don't know much about this particular carbeither. Sounds like you are on the right track with the float. That is what I would have checked as well.
Sound strange that fuel would come out the filter...The needle not seating??? If the fuel is coming over because of the float ,I would have thought that it would come out the overflow/drain line out the bottom of the carb.

On the mikuni on my Yamaha...sometimes the float sticks and fuel seeps out my overflow....After a few taps on the carb or a good jumping/shaking it usually quits. I know that isn't much of a fix but it got me through the end of the riding season...I'll have to tear it apart before spring I guess....

Now I wish I could get my little quad running with it electric choke carb.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #5

Filter & Overflow

Well the fuel came out both ends so to speak. It was coming out of the overflow and filter.

Just went & got the carb cleaner etc. I'm hoping a good cleaning is all it needs. I guess if cleaning it doesn't cure the problem I will be getting a new carb, compliments of the dealer, since I haven't even had the bike 1 week or had it started yet. I would think it would be covered under the 30 day warranty.

I do know that the dealer will be sending me a new swing arm button head and a couple nuts for it. So they said this morning.

Well better get going on cleaning the carb. Will post the results.

What a bummer, I got a new toy and its snowing!! Would be a blast to hammer around in the snow with the new toy.

Thanks for everything Warrior. At least I know someone was paying attention and trying to assist.

DG88

P.S. If you haven't already figured it out...Kelly5150 is my fiance. Just FYI

Old 01-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #6

Hi DirtyGirl88

Welcome to ChinaRiders!!!

If You & Kelly have not figured this out have him give me a call. I'll walk him through a couple of things on/about that carburetor. The float is way out of adjustment... or there is old fuel in the carburetor from when they ran the engine at the factory sticking the needle valve.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #7

Re: Filter & Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyGirl88

DG88

P.S. If you haven't already figured it out...Kelly5150 is my fiance. Just FYI
Right on DirtyGirl88 (love that name)
I won`t hold that against you.....but would you hold it against me if I asked :wink:

Oh yah I found a real picture of your Carb on the Jing Ke website..pz20
unfortunatley I can`t read Chinese and neither can my Computer apparently it translated enough broken english for me to search -Gaesolin moteuer and Carbourateur -lol good luck there and I concur with ol`Ejay.
Float is stuck down likely(I bet($100) a hole in the float,filling it with gas rather than sticky pin or clip) ....I never had bike before that didn`t have the air filter slightly above carb so it never filled that way...however have seen a few airboxes full on newer quads with fuel pump but without efi.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #8

Bad carb

We believe its a bad carb milling in the needle valve area or wrong needle valve in the area where the float pushes up the needle to close off fuel flow. Doesn't matter how much she cleaned it out , adjusted it, etc, etc, it won't close off , period . She did the testing with the float bowl cover off too to see if it could actually be closed off and its not happening . Mechanic at Roketa for Dougs shop already walked us through everything , he is sending another carb that works free of charge overnight, so we should be rolling Saturday with any luck. This has been a Fiasco at best, but thank God we finally found a reputable dealer .
It is a real drag spending $1,300.00 on your Honey for an equally as nice that I own gift and being screwed over by the first company too to top it off , then a bad carb and one missing nut that won't let her ride even if it did start!!! . I just want her to be happy and so far "She Not Happy" as a China man would say . Emmotionally draining would be an understatement , but soon we should be in ATV bliss
Thanks for the offer Bruce . By the way . I will let you in on a little secret though, Stacey DirtyGirl88 is a very compitant mechanic in her owne right and can rebuild and build any Harley motor or Chevy big or small block all by herself . She certainly doesn't need my help . She is like me, when we don't have experience in certain aspects of repair , were not afraid to ask . These little carbs are a great example of where we know you all know more about them than we do All my prior dirtbikes etc, had much bigger carbs, even the little 125RM Suzuki , so am at a loss with dealing with these microscopic 20mm-ish carbs ???? I guess I am used to much nicer carbs too is my point . These China bike carbs have little to be desired if you ask me . You get what you pay for , and a "nice" Mikuni will beat any of these any day hands down . Yes they are so called made for the Makuni company carbs , yeh right, but all my Mikuni's are better built than any of these turds . From what we have read the Typhoon is performance stroked and all, so a really nice "real" Mikuni seams a NO BRAINER for this ATV in the future and maybe a custom header pipe too . The muffler is awsome as it is so I am sure she will keep it unless she wants to dole out $300 on an FMF at some point to even hop this baby up more ?
It is a bad little mutha mammma jamma ATV though, cool looking machine with the bright alloy wheels , lots of nice touches .
Kinda like my DirtyGirl88, she's so hot and built like a brick house !!!
And she is a MOTORHEAD ! Go to to love that !

Later and I don't think I hyjacked the threade , just wanted to put my two cents in on whats going on and to comment on the love of my life .

Later, KElly5150 out

Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #9

Oh No He Didn't!!!

Yes he did!!! Goof Ball! 8O

Bruce thank you for your offer of assistance. I appreciate it very much and might have to take you up on it.

I talked to the tech that works for the dealer Kelly got the bike from, OK the 2nd dealer, the tech suggested several things and I tried them all. This was after I tore the carb apart and cleaned it very well.

I adjusted the float till I couldn't adjust it anymore. Then I finally took a jewelers standard screw driver and manually operated the needle. I pushed on it untill it should have come through the other side of the carb but it still allowed the gas to pour through. After doing that the tech and I came to the conclusion that the carb was assembled with the wrong needle in it. TJ, the tech, said that its a rare occurance but that it has happened a time or two. He also said its possible, but not real probable, that the carb body might have been milled slightly off not allowing the needle to work right.

So until the new carb & the swingarm buttonhead get here the bike is a great decoration for my garage. ARRGGHH!!

I think I may need to do a bit of body mods to the side pieces also so that my air filter isn't pinched between the carb and the side moldings, guess I can do that while I wait for the parts to make her run.

Warrior
I think I came acrossed that same picture, or one of the other dozen or so, myself. That's right about the time I start thinking I should have taken some foreign language, like Chinese, in high school. LOL Yeah probably not-at least not back then.

I'm glad you won't hold Kelly against me, I do that enough myself. Unfortunately I won't hold nothing against you either!! :P :P

Nice meeting (so to speak) you both and look forward to more conversations with you.

DirtyGirl88