Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #1

grom squad with atv's downtown stunt-riding....st louis

i stayed in downtown St Louis this past weekend, and i remembered a parallel. Every hour or so i witnessed a squad riding around the downtown city blocks. Most of them were doing tricks as they went. What surprises me is that there were atv's in the squad some of the time. If this were nashville you atv riders in the streets of downtown would be jerked off by the police injured and then put in the slammer for life. The squad in St Louis that 'ushered' atv's seemed to not bother anyone there, so why bother them like they do in nashville. Yes the atv's were doing tricks too, but i think it was pretty cool and everyone downtown witnessing this hadn't a problem with it. the video below is what happened in nashville couple months ago and you would think he was on the top 10 most wanted list from all the press. they finally hunted him down like a murderer and arrested him few days after..... p.s. the video does look like its warranted, but the missing first half of the video would have shown them in a mannered group(in which they actually were), this video only shows the scattering after this ONE 'save a world cop' interrupted their cruise. i was there, and they weren't causing problems until then... WHAT DID THIS ONE COP EXPECT?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/3232651002/

Old 04-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #2

lawlessness isn't cool in any form or manner. glad the cop busted it up. there should be more of that going on. these city low-life "gangs" are not welcome around me. I'd just as soon stick a metal bar in their spokes as anything else. they make a bad name for everyone else. no sympathy AT ALL. for the record, I dislike "patched" riders in big groups disrupting traffic flow as well. I've talked to several of them who are surprised at my opinion on the subject. I get a lot of "we're not doing anything wrong", "we're not hurting anyone", "but we're a bunch of really nice guys". No clue about public perception of groups like this causing a ruckus.

Now don't get me started on children on bikes.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #3

This is what goes on around New Orleans on a regular basics.

2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-25-2019, 02:43 AM   #4

Usually a reason cops do their yob with these "not so legal events"... stolen vehicles and masked yahoos with outstanding warrants galore

Don't know why the cop felt it was smart idea to jump in front of a moving atv and try to tackle a rider off their vehicle, then plan B is to hold on to their arm and try to "dead weight" drag him off... seeing how fast those other atvs got up to speed in a few dozen feet... do the maths cop, unlike the atv, I think you forgot to carry the two

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.