Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #1

Toast to the Forum

A year ago, New Year’s Day I put in my order for the HAWK 250 and like so many began the journey and found the adventure which is China Riding. I was searching for adventure and it came in a big crate with pieces to assemble and two wheels. New to motorcycle mechanics and motorcycle riding I went to school on this forum. I have been frustrated and challenged learning to wrench on these bikes and took some spills riding but that is also a necessary part of the experience. I think I am just getting to understand carb tuning and even chain tensioning but I have learned a lot and in the end had great fun which would not have been possible without this forum and the members with their knowledge and experience to guide the way which brings me to the purpose of this post….. raise a glass or a can a toast in appreciation for the forum and thank you for your contributions! Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Old 12-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #2

Good Post! Merry Christmas to all!
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 12-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #3

Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #4

Merry Christmas to all. It's been a pleasure to be part of this group. What a great bunch here.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #5

I love hanging around this shop. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of my CR friends.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #6

Merry Christmas! Mine has already begun..............
Just it isn't allowed to be celebrated in China and you don't see anything out n about......

Enjoy the days n holidays fellas! I have an RX3 engine to finalize a few parts for and then slip it back into my bike......

Old 12-24-2019, 08:53 PM   #7

Merrry X-mas!

Old 12-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #8

Merry Christmas to all of my friends hear at Chinariders.

Old 12-25-2019, 07:13 AM   #9

My sentiments exactly. I was already a bike mechanic and offroad enthusiast, but knew nothing about a China bike. Didn't even really know they existed. But when I found out one could be had for almost nothing I had to see what was up.

And thanks to this forum I was prepared for the short comings of my Hawk. I like tinkering anyways and enjoyed being able to fine tune and modify my bike for very little money. I'm at $2,150 now and it runs and rides very similar to my old XR 200 and is now almost as dependable.

Big shout out to Jerry and Dan for all their help and information too. They certainly made the journey more pleasant.

Be safe and enjoy the holidays fellow China Riders!
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 12-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #10

I too was like china rider 27. I owned a few Hondas before my trip down the China bike path. Changing the oil was about all I did on my own to them. Was intimidated to do any work on them. Without this forum I would probably still only be doing oil changes on a honda scared to do anything else and mess something up.

Now I have learned quite a few things and have skills I probably would have not learned without a easy and cheap bike to learn on. Still have a long way to go but it has been a fun and rewarding experience. A big thank you to everyone here who is so helpful and willing to help people like me who know very little.

Thanks for your patience and not just throwing insults at beginners like me with "how do you not know that". We all have to start at the beginning and being ridiculed from the start helps no one. So again thanks to everyone here who helps out and contributes.

I cannot remember who's signature says it but it is true. You meet the nicest people riding china bikes. Even though it's a rip off of a 70's honda commercial it has been true for me and my experiences. Looking forward to more china bikes and many many more china miles with you all. God bless and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryl View Post
I too was like china rider 27. I owned a few Hondas before my trip down the China bike path. Changing the oil was about all I did on my own to them. Was intimidated to do any work on them. Without this forum I would probably still only be doing oil changes on a honda scared to do anything else and mess something up.

Now I have learned quite a few things and have skills I probably would have not learned without a easy and cheap bike to learn on. Still have a long way to go but it has been a fun and rewarding experience. A big thank you to everyone here who is so helpful and willing to help people like me who know very little.

Thanks for your patience and not just throwing insults at beginners like me with "how do you not know that". We all have to start at the beginning and being ridiculed from the start helps no one. So again thanks to everyone here who helps out and contributes.

I cannot remember who's signature says it but it is true. You meet the nicest people riding china bikes. Even though it's a rip off of a 70's honda commercial it has been true for me and my experiences. Looking forward to more china bikes and many many more china miles with you all. God bless and Merry Christmas!
Well it fits most of the chinese motorcycle are rip off of Honda engines. So ripping off an old 70’s commercial fit quite well

Old 12-25-2019, 08:49 PM   #12

I will not reiterate many of the sentiments said in this thread but agree with all. If it was not for this forum I would have given up on my hawk early on. As it is you guys have made me a better mechanic and I am just shy of 5K miles on my bike.

Merry Christmas and thanks from Texas.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #13

Deryl wrote: "Thanks for your patience and not just throwing insults at beginners like me with 'how do you not know that'. We all have to start at the beginning and being ridiculed from the start helps no one. So again thanks to everyone here who helps out and contributes."

This is exactly what this great forum is about and we can thank not only the members but also, the awesome Mods we have here who keep China Riders a friendly and helpful place for people of all mechanical skill levels. We all started from scratch once.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350