Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #1

Orion Powersports

Has anyone recently bought a bike from Orion and if so how did the shipping/delivery of bike the go? I'm really starting to get frustrated with them for providing me with any info besides an email sent on the 6th of April telling me the bike has been shipped! Well ok it's been shipped but to where? When can I expect it? Nothing! I ordered it online on the 30th of March the payment cleared on the 1st. I called them today in sales and the rude guy on the other end say to email us we don't do that here you have to email us for tracking. Oohhhkayyyy. Can you tell me when its shipped from you where does it go, to me a third party or? Email just send an email! OMG!
Anyway just wondering if anyone else has dealt with them and how'd it go.
Thanks, Dean.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #2

I got a quad from them last fall. It was fine, no issues with communication or delivery. Now all shipping channels and work flows are shot to hell. There’s not much normalcy.

I’m sure you’ll see it soon.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 04-08-2020, 08:04 PM   #3

Fair point... everything is a bit FUBAR now

I paid $3.50 to send a letter priority mail from NYC to Florida and was told 3 business days and given a tracking #

The letter arrived 12 business days ( not calendar days )

Old 04-08-2020, 10:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alollo Dean View Post
Has anyone recently bought a bike from Orion and if so how did the shipping/delivery of bike the go? I'm really starting to get frustrated with them for providing me with any info besides an email sent on the 6th of April telling me the bike has been shipped! Well ok it's been shipped but to where? When can I expect it? Nothing! I ordered it online on the 30th of March the payment cleared on the 1st. I called them today in sales and the rude guy on the other end say to email us we don't do that here you have to email us for tracking. Oohhhkayyyy. Can you tell me when its shipped from you where does it go, to me a third party or? Email just send an email! OMG!
Thanks, Dean.
Let us know how it goes - I'm also looking at the RXB250L once they restock - emailed them and they said they were taking pre-orders beginning of May and would be back in stock by end of May.
2018 Ninja 400 ABS - sold
2015 Yamaha Bolt - sold

Old 04-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #5

My bike took 23 days from the order date, with express shipping. I was lucky it was not damaged, the pallet was busted, and the bike leaning on its side.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #6

I got an RXB150L..went pretty smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alollo Dean View Post
Thanks, Dean.
I got an RXB150L..went pretty smooth. I ordered on 17 February and received 5 days later. Crating was excellent with no damage.

I have posted a bunch of stuff before (see ss27getta post "My RXB150 arrived today". He bought the same bike right about the same time as me). But, here is a summary of my issues:

* Go thru how the wiring harnesses are run and zip tied. Particularly, the taillight wires were pinched between the seat and frame and the wires behind the headlight were just balled up and stuffed in.

* The headlight wasn't mounted correctly

* The carb needed a lot of tuning

* The starter Hot wire was contacting the skid-plate (would have worn thru and shorted)

* The speedometer is basically useless. It jumps all over the place. There is a calibration tool you can wire in, but it is too expensive for me. I'll mainly be on trails anyway. The tachometer seems to be fine.

* My bike, which is supposed to be street legal, didn't have a license plate light or bracket. I replaced the black part of the rear fender with one from Rocky Mountain ATV. This came with a taillight that included the license light and a place for the plate.

* You have to request the MCO, which is not a big deal, it is free and on their site. You have to pay for a Notary ($10) if your state requires that.

* Because the MCO was printed so lightly and just had a stamp for the "official signature" from China (they did sign the back in ink for the MCO transfer to me), I sent Orion a Bill of Sale with the MCO info copied on it, and they signed it and sent it back to me.

Overall, they have been pretty good. Not as good as CSC, but that is a high bar. They have always answered my e-mails and seem to have no problem with questions over the phone.

Attached is a photo. I have removed some decals and got rid of the tank plastics...they are just in the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg decals gone.jpg (71.8 KB, 473 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 04-09-2020, 11:46 PM   #7

Goob, thanks that's a lot of great info.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #8

I bought a DLX from them about 6 months ago,free shipping turned out to $89 and I had to pick it up at fedex because they only delivered during my work hours.
The rest of the experience was not really very good, won’t buy anything else from them.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #9

I purchased my bike from them. It was at their warehouse in California and since I opted for the assembly and break in they had to ship to the Texas location. Took around a week for it to get to Texas and another week for it to get here in Iowa. They called immediately after I placed the order to let me know and gave me the option of a refund. It seems to be hit or miss with these guys.

Old 04-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #10

Hi OP, I used them last year (so before the zombie Apocalypse). Had good/bad experience. if you want to read go to

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23669

Due to personal experiences the bike was dismantled to make some changes before riding. I implore you to read Megadans post on what to do (and loctite is your friend.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331

I am now in a place where I am reassembling my bike and you might be able to help me, as I didnt document the disassembly as I didnt know life was going to hit the fan!!!!

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25904

Enjoy you bike (I hope to)
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Old 04-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #11

Id like to hear how this turns out - they are one of the companies Im looking to purchase from. Appreciate the feedback

Old 04-11-2020, 06:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast250 View Post
Id like to hear how this turns out - they are one of the companies Im looking to purchase from. Appreciate the feedback
I started another thread about it being damaged when I got it and Orion's response.