Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #1

First Offroad ride on new Apollo

After a few issues with delivery damage, some valve adjustment, a new mikuni carb with some jetting it was time. After who knows how many times I dismantled this thing and put it back together I was bound to get some screws nuts and bolts mixed up, right! Well at my half way point I stopped to let things cool, maybe check some nuts and such. One that was "loose" was one of the ones holding the plastic piece to the gas tank, welp it appears it was not the correct bolt and the result of tightening it I apparently put a hole in the gas tank! That's my story, and I was so ready to blame Orion. Moral of the story, I screwed up and need a tank so if someone can help me out there that would be great. I tried Orion and found everything BUT what I need. Thanks, Dean

Old 05-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #2

Try a little “seal all” on it it is gas resistant

Old 05-03-2020, 09:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Try a little “seal all” on it it is gas resistant
Thanks I'll try that. As per my MO I'm always in need of a plan B
And that would be to have new tank in case the seal all doesn't work!

Old 05-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #4

If it just poked a hole in it ,thread in a screw and seal all it will be good for a long time .

Old 05-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #5

I got locked out of this website since my last post, kinda weird as it was asking me to sign in and each time it would tell me I'm not authorized or something, anyway I wanted to touch on the actual ride a bit.
I was very impressed with the power the bike had I wasn't doing wheelies up and down the logging roads I was on but there was plenty of power to pull my rather large arse around, 5'9" bout 240 lbs. I road up some pretty steep roads that are pretty much inaccessible to vehicles due to the rain washing out sections but this thing chewed em up. It easily went everywhere I wanted to go, very impressed with it power wise.
There is however the issue I've read about several times about it having a hard seat! Holy crap I didn't think something like that was possible. I think I stood up on the pegs more than I sat down it would literally rattle my teeth if I sat down. I suppose some of it could be the suspension but yeah that thing is definitely getting reupholstered. All in all I'm happy with it now if I can get that gas tank fixed or replaced I'll be heading Offroad again this weekend with our 80 degree forecast. Again if anyone knows where I can order a gas tank for the Apollo Deluxe 250 please let me know. Be safe all.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alollo Dean View Post
I got locked out of this website since my last post, kinda weird as it was asking me to sign in and each time it would tell me I'm not authorized or something, anyway I wanted to touch on the actual ride a bit.
I was very impressed with the power the bike had I wasn't doing wheelies up and down the logging roads I was on but there was plenty of power to pull my rather large arse around, 5'9" bout 240 lbs. I road up some pretty steep roads that are pretty much inaccessible to vehicles due to the rain washing out sections but this thing chewed em up. It easily went everywhere I wanted to go, very impressed with it power wise.
There is however the issue I've read about several times about it having a hard seat! Holy crap I didn't think something like that was possible. I think I stood up on the pegs more than I sat down it would literally rattle my teeth if I sat down. I suppose some of it could be the suspension but yeah that thing is definitely getting reupholstered. All in all I'm happy with it now if I can get that gas tank fixed or replaced I'll be heading Offroad again this weekend with our 80 degree forecast. Again if anyone knows where I can order a gas tank for the Apollo Deluxe 250 please let me know. Be safe all.
The site was down for about a day.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #7

Glad you have your bike up and running, my other new exhaust is on my bike and running! Crazy how much power the bike has now. Really woke it up. If youd like to see the video on the exhaust and mods for the apollo, check out my video Dean. Also about the gas tank and seat. There's a Netherlands orion site that has everything for the apollo but I ordered from there and never got my package. They have a seat and a plastic gas tank I wqs interested in. For now that's your only luck !

Old 05-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #8

Thumbs Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
Glad you have your bike up and running, my other new exhaust is on my bike and running! Crazy how much power the bike has now. Really woke it up. If youd like to see the video on the exhaust and mods for the apollo, check out my video Dean. Also about the gas tank and seat. There's a Netherlands orion site that has everything for the apollo but I ordered from there and never got my package. They have a seat and a plastic gas tank I wqs interested in. For now that's your only luck !
I watched the video nice looking pipe. You also talked about the broken housing with the switches, that's exactly what was broke when mine was delivered, it was plastic. I believe it was you who put up the Ebay link to order those which I did use, thanks for that. Saved a bunch of money too. From Orion they were almost $50, like what you ordered and got burned on. These however were like $16 for the pair and they are aluminum, I bought 2 sets. Anyway, yeah your bike looks and sounds great. Now I just need to get that damn seat reupholstered.