Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #1

Trouble shooting head light Apollo

It was delivered not working as the switch housing was crushed. I now have a new one and the light still doesn't work. I do know the bulb is good there's just no power getting to it. Is there any fuses besides the one under the seat? I've tried chasing the wires but I can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #2

Did you get the wiring on the new housing 100% correct? When I first did it...it was not correct and my light did not work. I then redid another combination while teaching wires then it worked. If you already checked your fuse then 9/10 it could be how you depinned and repinned it. If you want to explain more in depth how you wired it, I can help even more.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
Did you get the wiring on the new housing 100% correct? When I first did it...it was not correct and my light did not work. I then redid another combination while teaching wires then it worked. If you already checked your fuse then 9/10 it could be how you depinned and repinned it. If you want to explain more in depth how you wired it, I can help even more.
Thanks for the reply. When I got the new one I was at a total loss as what to do then I thought about what you had said about using my head and I should figure it out. At first I didn't even know a person could remove those pins but after looking at it I realized they can come out. I just took all 9 of them out and copied the original plug. Everything else seems to work, turn signals, electric start ect. On the left controller the switch to flash the bright light works.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #4

I'm not sure what kind of light your using but if by chance it's LED then it will be polarity sensitive. Try reversing the power and ground lead to the light and see if that fixes it. Old incandescent lights don't care about polarity and will work regardless but LEDs will only work one way.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #5

If I remember correctly I connected a solid brown wire to a hot wire on the new control housing for right side. I never touched left. That's how I got my stuff working. When I'm home later I will give you definites and better detail. After I did that, everything powered up and worked well.

Old 05-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
I'm not sure what kind of light your using but if by chance it's LED then it will be polarity sensitive. Try reversing the power and ground lead to the light and see if that fixes it. Old incandescent lights don't care about polarity and will work regardless but LEDs will only work one way.
It's all stock, there's a small bulb which I think is the headlight and a bigger one for the bright.

Old 05-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #7

Quote:
If I remember correctly I connected a solid brown wire to a hot wire on the new control housing for right side. I never touched left. That's how I got my stuff working. When I'm home later I will give you definites and better detail. After I did that, everything powered up and worked well.
I'm not at home at the moment but I think that at the socket the hot is a brown with a white stripe but turns solid brown. Yeah I'll be looking forward to how yours is wired.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Also, I have no taillight, I'm assuming it and the brake light are the same? I do have brake lights.