Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2020, 11:45 PM   #1

Tbr7 clutch

Hi all. I've haven't touched my clutch adjustment since I got the bike. It runs,shifts,pulls strong,doesn't creep in gear. However I only need to pull the lever in slightly to shift (can shift up without, but I don't). I can hold the bike still in gear with about less then half pulled in, may be even less than that.
I like it this way because my fingers are too short for the stock levers.sometimes I ride the trails and I like to keep one finger on the clutch to slip it when I'm crawling.am I doing any damage to the clutch with it this way?
I want to get a pair of short dog leg,closer to the bars levers (13 year old girl hands😠 anyway took my bike for a ride today ran just fine.105 jet 2 washers shimmed 2-1/2 turns out, pulls strong throughout, plug doesn't look rich, still looks lean if you ask me. If I put it on half choke it bogs, starts and runs on no choke. Got 368 km so far. Also made a homemade bike stand out of 2+4s to pearch the bike ok on. Looks real bad, but hey I killed 2 hours in the garage and made use of some scrap wood and about 45 screws.
Safe riding
Christopher

Old 05-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #2

If you have no detectable clutch slip while fully engaged, it sounds like yours is adjusted nearly perfectly. If your paranoid you could loosen it a bit.

As for your carb, if it requires 2½ turns out on the mix screw, you need a bigger pilot/slow jet.

110 mains are more commonly run than 105. It sounds like you are probably lean across the board.

Just my opinion.
2018 Hawk - Nibbi PE30, Nibbi Intake, UNI Filter, Ebay Exhaust, NGK 4929 (non-Iridium), 428 D.I.D. X-Ring, 15/40 Sprockets, Walmart AGM Battery, IMS Shifter, Full LED Lighting, Digital Cluster, CSC Swingarm Pin, Modified Chain Adjusters, Upgraded Wheel Bearings

** MPH Cruise, ** MPG

Old 05-17-2020, 09:43 AM   #3

Looking at the plug is too vague to really judge fueling of any one jet unless a proper plug chop is performed.

A 105 main for most guys is usually right on the spot, but for some bikes at or below 1000ft, a 108 or 110 main will do better.

Baskt_case is also correct, if you are having to go 2 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw, step up a size in the pilot jet. If it is a 36, go to a 38.

As far as not needing the choke. That isn't always a bad thing. When you don't need the choke and it's 50 degrees outside, that is a good indication your idle mixture is a tad rich lol. If it's in the 70's and above, you really shouldn't need the choke, or at least only half choke, or full choke just to get it fired then immediately turn the choke off and it should maintain an idle without stalling.

As far as levers go. I don't know about the TBR7, but I imagine they use the same levers as the Hawk. Us Hawk guys can use CB500X, CB300R, or Grom aftermarket levers. Occasionally they may need a tiny bit of filing to fit, but they work like a charm.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #4

Ok thanks guys. I'm gonna put the jet "marked" 110 and back off the air screw till 2 turns.
Ill keep you posted 70 degrees today on long island��. P.s. tbr7 kickstarter "kicksback" and it HURTS! Put a rubber hose on it for traction or you foot WILL slip off. I tried to kick it one day to see if it worked. Limped for 2 days

Old 05-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #5

I'm back to a 1 hour spin with the 110. 2-3/4 af screw don't really feel a difference. The bike rides good pulls from the bottom all through what feels like high midrange last of the revs feel flat no more pull, just revs out more. I don't have a tachometer, but you get a feel when a motorcycle engine is at max rpm. I know it's only 15/13 power and it seems to me pretty peppy for those numbers. Did start cold 1/2 choke with kickstarter! I put a rubber piece of automotive hose on it for traction. "Recommended!"

Old 05-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #6

You should bump it up one size on the pilot circuit, more than 2 turns is generally too much. Also, what you're talking about probably isn't kickback if it's just your foot slipping off of the kicker and it springing back and hitting you in the shin. Kickback is when the engine backfires and sends it back up towards you, potentially breaking/spraining an ankle.

Old 05-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #7

Something interesting to note

Chris and I both live on Long Island NY- probably a 30-45 mins drive ( although we do not know eachother personally - this is not my point ) - ultimately we are at similar elevation.

My point is that there are several factors at play.

I have a 2019 TBR7 - with the stock main jet (88) - it took 10 mins (5 mins choke , 5 mins half choke) to warm up on a 60 degree day - with stock carb.

I switched to a Mikuni clone, 100 main jet and shimmed the needle up 1 notch and I NEVER need choke or half choke anymore even on a 50 degree day ( not implying this is right or a good thing).

Mix screw 2 turns out Idle screw set to 1500 RPM ( lawnmower tach ) and the 100 main, and I was running rich.

I took the mix screw in to 1.5 turns, Idle screw now at 1600 RPM and still 100 main with 1 shim on needle and I'm still slightly rich in the OK range.

Seems like there is no 1 size fits all for these bikes, Chris and I have the same bike ( well within 1 year ), similar elevation and very different results with jetting.

Old 05-17-2020, 09:48 PM   #8

Hi all. Just checked my last post. I said 2-1/2? af screw or something like that. Oops I meant to say it was switched today with the 110, out to 1-3/4. Me bad but I've tried 6-7 different settings with this carb
Christopher