Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #1

Tubliss Conversion = No street ?

I am looking at doing the Tubliss conversion for offroad enhancement /protection, but on their site it says " off road use only" .Yeah i get that the super low tire pressures a Tubliss set up allows would NOT be ideal for street use, but my ride area is like 3 miles from my house and i could ride it there and back at "normal" tire pressures ., the track has a air compressor so i could lower them once i got there , then re-air up. So my question is, has anyone run Tubliss on the street and what the problem is assuming normal tire pressures, is it heat build up or what ? I would assume that only sustained freeway speed would present that problem so i guess what i am asking is can you run the Tubliss mod on the street safely if you use "normal" tire pressures while doing so ? ., as long as it is short runs or longer runs at speeds not exceeding 45 mph or so ?

I dont want to have to load it up on the trailer to go 3 miles , nor totally lose the street legal aspect of the bike just to run Tubliss.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #2

https://tublissreview.com/tubliss-on-road/

Old 07-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #3

I'm sure you'd be fine, but buying a Tubliss system is outside of the financial constraints of most people on the site (mostly because they're looking to buy the cheapest bike they can find). You'd probably have better luck on another site finding personal experience. Personally, as they are a pricey system, I'd upgrade the rims first, as you wouldn't want a rim to taco and take the Tubliss with it.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I'm sure you'd be fine, but buying a Tubliss system is outside of the financial constraints of most people on the site (mostly because they're looking to buy the cheapest bike they can find). You'd probably have better luck on another site finding personal experience. Personally, as they are a pricey system, I'd upgrade the rims first, as you wouldn't want a rim to taco and take the Tubliss with it.
The price is not really the issue, at 178 usd for the whole kit is not going to break anybody bank account. Neither are the steel rims, those chinese steel rims with the right spokes if well kept are very durable and rugged, Chinese Alloy rims are whole different story to begin with they use 6000 series alloy vs the 7000 series used on most of premium alloy rims out there
The real question is

Are the tubliss worth for these type of motorcycle??? These machines are meant to be simple, it may seems nice to add some premium tubes, but are you going to gain any performance on these engines??? Plus you will have to keep eye on the high pressure and the low pressure chambers..

Let's say you want to go PRO.

Takasago rims: 300 usd for a set
Tubliss gen 2: 180 for a set
72 spokes and nipples: 90 usd Yes you can find some cheap spokes and nipples but are you going to mate the takasago rims with some thin wire spoke???

That's a really nice set there and is will have to be honest little to no impact on a chinese motorcycle.
Sure you will have a system that will allow you to use little to no psi on the wheels but are you going to ride that hard to begin with?