Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #1

Lifan Motorcycles

Ok guys,

Bought my X-Pect from txpowersports. Bought my KPM200 from venommotorsports.

No issues with either vendor, other than txpowersports isn't responsive. Venommotorsports however are VERY responsive and quick to answer questions or help where needed.

And as for Lifan Corporate. I have been nothing but PLEASED with their quick responses.

I've emailed them quite a few times and they respond quickly.

And the quality of these bikes is pretty impressive. Checked out a guys 2019 Suzuki GSXR 250. And if the KP 200 is anything like our KPM200, I'd take it over the Suzuki any day.

I don't expect perfection, even from the likes of Honda or others, but these Lifan bikes are very well built. Everything is tightened as it should be and the fit and finish (in my opinion) is as good as the big names. And I owned a 2019 Rebel 500 which I used as a comparison.

The only issues I've seen are valve clearances when shipped. I addressed this issue with Lifan and they assured me it would be addressed at the factory, to help eliminate issues with non-mechanic types having to right off the bat adjust valves.

And to prove my point. My KPM200 was dropped in the garage and it broke the left foot peg and the side mount it attaches to. Which I JB Welded and it was holding until I was ran of the road and laied the bike down again. I've attached a pic of the part. One of the footpeg mounts broke and the part where it attaches to the main side piece.

I contacted Venommotorsports and was told the item was on backorder. No big deal, I JB Welded it again (and it was holding).

I contacted Lifan Corporate to see about the replacement part yesterday (7/28), which I had contacted Venom about a week before that.

Lifan Corporate responded today with a tracking number and UPS just dropped off the part. The whole part!!

Even if I am billed for the part that's fine by me. It was my fault and I fully expect to pay for it.

Just wanted to give my thoughts (and praise) on how this company is towards it's customers.

I am very impressed. And am now looking at the KP 200 and waiting for the KP 350 they should be releasing soon.

And since the wife has now taken ownership of the KPM200, she'll be doing a review on it as well, giving her thoughts on it vs the X-Pect. Which I'll post on our YouTube page once we get it done.

Thanks for listening. Seriously consider a Lifan in your next purchase (and no I don't make a dime from them). Stay safe and ride safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KPM Footpeg.jpg (92.3 KB, 604 views)

Old 07-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #2

I'm glad you had a good experience with Venom Motorsports. I live in Texas but it looks like Venom MS really makes the effort to make customers happy.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:26 AM   #3

Honestly, in some ways, maybe it's better that they come close to unable to be run (due to valve clearances), as even if they were adjusted perfectly, they tend to tighten up quickly, and would need to be readjusted.

IMO, better to get your feet wet now, rather than later, as if it ran perfectly out of the box, and then stopped within 100-500 miles due to valves tightening, if you had no frame of reference as to what it might be, many people might try to get a refund/dump the bike because of that.

It's better to start off getting experience, as Chinese bikes require tinkering.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Honestly, in some ways, maybe it's better that they come close to unable to be run (due to valve clearances), as even if they were adjusted perfectly, they tend to tighten up quickly, and would need to be readjusted.

IMO, better to get your feet wet now, rather than later, as if it ran perfectly out of the box, and then stopped within 100-500 miles due to valves tightening, if you had no frame of reference as to what it might be, many people might try to get a refund/dump the bike because of that.

It's better to start off getting experience, as Chinese bikes require tinkering.
Completely agree. Lifan originally were trying to set up a dealer network (still are, and there are dealers out there) which meant that the bikes would (theoretically, depending on competance) be properly PDI'd. And would handle maintenance intervals and repairs.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #5

Lifan 'dealer'

I think that Lifan is really trying to become a real motorcycle company in the US. The dealer I purchased my KP 200 from was set up in a partially abandoned mall and had no service or parts (except what he could rob off other bikes in his inventory).

I have been waiting over a month for the MCO for the bike. It is going to take more than a good product for Lifan to really be successful here in the US.
2021 Lifan X-pect 200

Old 08-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkbill View Post
I think that Lifan is really trying to become a real motorcycle company in the US. The dealer I purchased my KP 200 from was set up in a partially abandoned mall and had no service or parts (except what he could rob off other bikes in his inventory).

I have been waiting over a month for the MCO for the bike. It is going to take more than a good product for Lifan to really be successful here in the US.
It seems that MCOs come from dealers. The worse a dealer is, the longer the MCO takes. Good dealers never seem to have this issue of taking weeks to get the paperwork.

I will say, I have been floating the idea of becoming a Lifan dealer here in Yuma. If all I need is a ratty old storefront with no parts or service, that idea might just become a reality sooner than later!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard