Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #1

Head Scratching Carb issues, I think. PLEASE HELP

The issue is on a 2020 Brozz. I just put the 30mm NIBBIE carb on, removed the cat from the factory exhaust, removed stuff from exhaust pipe near can, put bigger pipe down side can so it’s a pretty much a straight through exhaust now, removed air box and installed a aftermarket air filter with a pipe running the air filter under seat to stock box location, new E3 plug, and adjusted valves. I just finished all the upgrades I mentioned and started it for the first time today. It idles great but when I give it throttle it bogs down and dies, acts like it ran out of gas. Could someone please help me out and tell me what the issue is. The bike has around 200miles on it.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:42 PM   #2

what size jets are you running and what is your elevation? probably 38 pilot and 120 main would be a good place to start if your at sea level
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 08-29-2020, 05:58 PM   #3

I live 15 minutes west of Atlanta. My phone says my elevation is 960ft. I’m not sure what the jets are , I will take it off and check. It’s a brand new carb if that helps with jet sizes.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fixit View Post
I live 15 minutes west of Atlanta. My phone says my elevation is 960ft. I’m not sure what the jets are , I will take it off and check. It’s a brand new carb if that helps with jet sizes.
did you get a bag of spare jets with it? I'm at about 1100ft and I run 38 & 120 with head mods and a cam, maybe 115 might be a better start for you?
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 08-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
It’s a brand new carb if that helps with jet sizes.
No it doesn't. When you put a new carb you need to check the jet size. It's extremely unlikely to get a plug and play carb. One exception would be if you get an OEM carb, let's say you have a kawasaki and you go to a dealer and ask for the carb for that motorcycle, that one is going to be jetted for your motorcycle.
But when you use an aftermarket one, you are on your own and you need to jet it correctly.

Nibbi carbs comes with a different jets, you need to check which one you in the carb and which # are the spare jets.
Can you show us a picture of the spark plug???

Old 08-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #6

Ive been having issues uploading pictures but I can tell you the plug is solid black with sut. It’s a brand new plug, I just put it in last night and crunk it for the first time today with that plug. It maybe has 6 minutes of run time on it.
I will try to upload the picture again

Old 08-29-2020, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Ive been having issues uploading pictures but I can tell you the plug is solid black with sut. It’s a brand new plug, I just put it in last night and crunk it for the first time today with that plug. It maybe has 6 minutes of run time on it.
I will try to upload the picture again
Then you are very rich. You need to check the # of the jets and check the needle shim

Old 08-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #8

It came with 40&128 jets, it did come with extra jets and they are 122, 125, and 130. Then there is a 39?. But I also have a 20 piece jet kit. And still no luck with the pictures.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #9

Check your idle speed screw and air adjustment. Throw in a 110 main and a 35 pilot. Check your throttle cable to make sure it's not too tight, and that it is allowing the slide to seat all the way down when off the throttle. See how it runs then, and if it does okay start your plug checks.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #10

Biggest issue i see is an e3 plug.... i see so many no start or bad running lawnmowers/snowblowers/weedwackers come in with those plugs, they are utter crap... start off by getting the correct NGK plug for your machine...

Old 08-31-2020, 07:57 AM   #11

Look at the instructions for the NIBBI...if you got them

Look at the instructions for the NIBBI...if you got them. I just got a NIBBI 28 and the instructions have a chart with the stock jet sizes. For the 28 it was 40 Pilot and 115 Main. Different for the 30, but I don't remember what.

I got 3 spare Mains another 115, a 112, & a 118. The Pilot was a spare 40.

I ordered some larger Mains just to have on hand and also larger Pilots since I am at 5280 ft and will likely need more air.

I also ordered a couple of the needle clips, because they just look like they will go flying into some hidden spot in the garage, and a spare bowl gasket.

People seem to be able to find he right jets and parts for cheap on Ebay or Amazon, but I am willing to pay a bit more and get mine from jetsrus.com because I am assured of the quality.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-31-2020, 09:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post

I ordered some larger Mains just to have on hand and also larger Pilots since I am at 5280 ft and will likely need more air.

At higher elevations you need less fuel, so a larger pilot will not give you more air, it will give more fuel and you already have thinner air up there. Less oxygen in your air, less fuel required.

Everything I've read, been told/taught is to do the opposite of what you're thinking, higher elevation = less air therefore smaller jets required.