Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2020, 07:39 AM   #1

Advance Product Merchandise Company

After reviewing several current Chinese bikes to replace my beloved Lifan 200 GY-5 I decided on the Bashan Storm 250 sold by Advance Product Merchandise Company in Sardis, Tennessee. Excellent decision; the purchase went very smoothly thanks to Mr. Don Hopper. Price was quite reasonable. Bike arrived quickly and in excellent condition. Necessary paperwork for registration quickly followed the bike. During assembly Mr Hopper also assisted in the identification of two spacers for which I could not determine useage. All in all the purchase was a very enjoyable experience and I recommend Advance Product Merchandise Company.

Once I have put some miles on the Storm I will submit a review.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:38 AM   #2

Glad to hear. Looking forward to your review of the Storm.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:55 AM   #3

Got mine from him as well. Grab extra throttle cable and a good headlight bulb. At 133 km speedometer acted up... cable quit working. I took it off, it will spin. Put back on bike quit. Keep eye on it. I enjoy mine. Ride it to work everyday... no matter the weather. The factory chain seems a bit better than some other models but I went ahead put a moose racing chain Kawasaki dealer compared it as his second best. Not sure your altitude... stock main jet should be 105. Slow jet 34. My carb done super until break in around 400 mile. Then had to start messing with the jets. Some vids to check... Jerry hawks, project next, oddball performance (I think) been awhile since YouTube research... Jack of all trades- master of none.. crap something like that. Feel bad, having brain fart with names...

Old 01-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #4

I'm just about to purchase a Storm from him too! Just weighing some options. Glad to hear you've had good experiences. I'm getting one of these after some research online - as I felt I needed to get a dual sport. Seems the Storm is just a re-labelled Brozz - due to a different importer - is that right? I've got friends with Honda CT's that like to go off road here in AZ, and my present bike is a Royal Enfield Classic 500 - and while it does very well on the rather rough dirt roads - like going up Reddington Pass and such - I just feel like I'm damaging it each time I do the trip. I need a cheap beater. And with these costing what an already beat used Japanese bike would be I thought this would be a better beater option. Tell me if I'm wrong!

Old 01-07-2021, 09:37 PM   #5

The Storm is distributed by Roketa whereas the Brozz is distributed by Peace. I believe the Storm does not use an electronic gauge with the features the Storm's gauge uses, if you don't mind, unless the newer Storms have rectified this (Superior Powersports and a couple other retailers show a Storm with upgraded graphics).

Here in AZ, there is one, maybe more, retailer that sell these bikes off the showroom floor.

Bashan is interesting in that they use something like 4 different distributers for different dual-sports: Peace distributes the Brozz and Motormax (if they are still selling those), Roketa has the Storm and DB-250-41h (aka Enforcer as nicknamed by APMCUSA), Vitacci has a slightly relabeled Enforcer/41h called the Raven, while BMS sells the 250 CRP. The 41h, aka Enforcer aka Raven, and the BMS 250CRP use a Zongshen OEM non-counter-balanced engine. Somehow, Bashan gets ALL these bikes (as well as some others we have not seen in the US) on the same EPA/DOT certificate so they are 'blessed' as '49-state legal'.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #6

OK! Just decided to go for it today - bought a Storm from Don - it'll be here in a couple weeks! Would have been sooner but my schedule won't allow it next week. (I got it in black though - this pic is from their site)

Old 01-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #7

[QUOTE=petesuz;351706]OK! Just decided to go for it today - bought a Storm from Don - it'll be here in a couple weeks! Would have been sooner but my schedule won't allow it next week. (I got it in black though - this pic is from their site)

You must be in Tucson. I'm in the NW by NW Hospital.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #8

Yes indeed - but I'm far East - Tanque Verde area. Reddington pass is about 5 min from me.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #9

I asked Don at APMC about the various models I was looking at before buying - the Hawk, The TaoTao TBR7, and the Bashan Brozz/Storm - which are apparently virtually the same thing but badged by 2 diff importers - both with the identical specs and counter-balanced engine, the others don't have. Here's his info to me:

"... The Hensim Hawk is a good bike but not DOT Conformity or FMVSS Plated. We sold 614 units in 14 months with an easement from the Fed. DOT allowing us to register them with the understanding that they would apply for DOT. In Jan. 2017 that had not we dropped them and released our easement, since then a lot of states will not register them for on-road use. The Tao TBR7 250 is built by Dong Feng which is equal to the Hawk as for registration, Hawk is better quality. The best of the Enduro’s is the American Lifan Xpect 200 EFI model, but is much more expensive but is CARB Certified for California. None of these other models is CARB Certified. The best choice, my opinion, is either the Storm or the Brozz. Both have Zongshen engines which partnered with Harley Davidson in 2014. You can research this on google as well. Zongshen’s engines is equal in quality to Honda’s, I have been partnered with them since 2006 and no one will speak against their engines. Thanks Again...."

Old 01-09-2021, 04:11 PM   #10

He has a few facts wrong there. The TBR7 is sold via Taotao (aka Tao Motors). It is EPA/DOT certified for 49 states. Behind the scenes, I am not sure of what is going on with the Hawk, but they have been EPA certified as an 'Offroad dirtbike' for a few years now, on the 'Off-highway motorsports' list (the same list where they list ATVs, side by sides, etc) They are registered in many states that will plate dirtbikes that have minimal street equipment--this makes sense since they do come with full street equipment, down to a horn.

The Lifan X-Pect is NOT California CARB certified. But, 4 models of Lifan bikes are CARB certified, although none of them are dual-sports.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-16-2021, 07:57 PM   #11

So how has that 250 been treating you. Also I’m curious as to how your experience with apmc has been.