Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2021, 09:42 AM   #1

Orion Power sports?

I have been looking around for my first dual sport enduro, and am considering buying from Orion Power Sports out of Texas. Do any of you have any experience with them? How was it? They have the Hawk 250 assembled,and tested,and shipped for $1450, but it does not state the year. Would it be an older version?, And if so would it matter? Thanks

Old 02-03-2021, 09:50 AM   #2

I dont think there were any upgrades between the 2020 and 2021 hawks so that shouldn't be a factor.
I tried to order a front rim from them, but they were out of stock. They were decent enough to contact me and let me know. Seemed like nice people.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 02-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #3

I’m about to order from them and will let you guys know how it goes! Love the pre assembly and 1 year full warranty you get from them. Have been taking to someone over there and they are SOOO nice (and knowledgable)

Old 02-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt12eagles View Post
I’m about to order from them and will let you guys know how it goes! Love the pre assembly and 1 year full warranty you get from them. Have been taking to someone over there and they are SOOO nice (and knowledgable)
I got in touch with them yesterday via messaging, and asked if I would get both a bill of sale, and the MCO, because from what I understand my state requires both, and I was messaged back with them stating that I would get only the MCO, and that the DMV could fill out some form. I like the prices,.and the fact that they are assembled, but I just can't pull the trigger buying one unless I'm sure it can be titled without a lot of hassle, and multiple trips to the DMV.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I got in touch with them yesterday via messaging, and asked if I would get both a bill of sale, and the MCO, because from what I understand my state requires both, and I was messaged back with them stating that I would get only the MCO, and that the DMV could fill out some form. I like the prices,.and the fact that they are assembled, but I just can't pull the trigger buying one unless I'm sure it can be titled without a lot of hassle, and multiple trips to the DMV.
The "bill of sale" is your sales receipt obviously. If they are sending the MSO, just take that and your printed receipt to the DMV and away you go. Some states require the MSO to have the dealer information on the back notarized and some don't. So find out what is required in your state, you may need to pay your dealer an extra $10 or so for them to send a notarized MSO.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
The "bill of sale" is your sales receipt obviously. If they are sending the MSO, just take that and your printed receipt to the DMV and away you go. Some states require the MSO to have the dealer information on the back notarized and some don't. So find out what is required in your state, you may need to pay your dealer an extra $10 or so for them to send a notarized MSO.
I ended up buying a Brozz. I almost got a Hawk from TX Power Sports, but they evidently don't have the Federal highways approval placard that is sometimes required. I may have been able to title one, but I didn't want to chance it.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #7

Bill hilly

Bill hilly I just ordered a hawk dlx efi from Orionpowersports does the MCO say motorcycle on it??

Old 03-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #8

You're good, the DLX is EPA compliant, I think they have a sticker to that effect.