Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2021, 07:23 PM   #1
Banned

2021 TBR7 Exceptional Build Quality

As I P(ost)DI this Taotao I am nothing short of flatout impressed with nearly every aspect of this bike. Even the welds are really nice. Better than Honda welds.

The swingarm is much thicker square tube than any chinese bike I have ever owned. Dual 2 piston calipers, wave rotors, DOT brake lines. LED tail and turns. Very stout bars with threaded bosses for end weights etc. Honestly I could go on.

Shout to TXPS, the service was flawless and the bike is showroom quality. I feel like this is unquestionably the best money I have ever spent, period.

Off to ebay for aftermarket goodies I go.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:09 PM   #2

When I bought mine there was a tbr7 setting next to a hawk and the tbr7 had better welds, nicer chain, hand guards and led lights (and a rack). And it was $50 less... no brainer. However, I do wish it would've came with a 21" front wheel.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 03-15-2021, 11:20 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
When I bought mine there was a tbr7 setting next to a hawk and the tbr7 had better welds, nicer chain, hand guards and led lights (and a rack). And it was $50 less... no brainer. However, I do wish it would've came with a 21" front wheel.
Interesting how different consumers have different attractions to a vehicle.

428H chain was nice to see! Heck I'll run it.

Hand guards are already in the trash.

The 19" front was a big selling point for me. Lighter and stronger than a 21. I wheelie a lot.

I notice you have a pumper carb. I got a vm26 for this and will be able to tune it, but a pumper would probably get me better mileage. Lots of wasted fuel with a non pumper round slide.

Last edited by DohcBikes; 03-15-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:18 AM   #4

The pumper carb prob uses more fuel when riding aggressively. It may not use any noticable difference normal riding.
The stock hand guards are trash, but are ok if you dont drop the bike...ever. lol

The 21 front may be weaker, but it makes the bike more stable on the street and smoother in the dirt. Besides it raises the front 1.5" making wheelies about the same. It was a good upgrade for me.

And mine came with the complete overkill 528 chain.... big and heavy, but probably unbreakable on these bikes. Lol.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Last edited by TxTaoRider; 03-16-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #5

Tao motors can put together a darned nice China bike.. where they often fall flat is in their plastics. In my experience with a New Cheetah ATV, the tie rod ends were very cheap cast metal too- one snapped in the woods. Cheap upgrade when replacing it.

No issues since.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:44 PM   #6

Quote:
The pumper carb prob uses more fuel when riding aggressively. It may not use any noticable difference normal riding.
The accelerator pump only adds extra fuel during aggressive throttle openings. If you are just puttering around and turning the throttle at a nice slow and even throttle application, it adds little to nothing.

I never really noticed much of a difference in fuel economy overall, maybe 1 or 2 mpg difference tops, and that is just a guess.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #7

Quote:
The stock hand guards are trash, but are ok if you dont drop the bike...ever. lol

The 21 front may be weaker, but it makes the bike more stable on the street and smoother in the dirt. Besides it raises the front 1.5" making wheelies about the same. It was a good upgrade for me.

And mine came with the complete overkill 528 chain.... big and heavy, but probably unbreakable on these bikes. Lol.
where did you get the intake for the carb?
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 03-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
where did you get the intake for the carb?
They use the stock intake. Just get the pz30b "pumper". It requires a different throttle cable but you can find the cable, carb, and throttle assembly for less than 40bux on ebay.
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 03-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #9
Banned

A pumper carb will actually save fuel compared to a properly tuned non pumper. 100% absolutely without a doubt. I am too lazy to explain it.

Exhaust and oil cooler on the way. Need to pick up some Mikuni jets.

The bars are built.well and strong but I dont like them. The bend is too narrow for the clamps. A recipe for disaster for a wheelie happy rider. I will.get some different bars

Old 03-16-2021, 08:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
A pumper carb will actually save fuel compared to a properly tuned non pumper. 100% absolutely without a doubt. I am too lazy to explain it.

Exhaust and oil cooler on the way. Need to pick up some Mikuni jets.

The bars are built.well and strong but I dont like them. The bend is too narrow for the clamps. A recipe for disaster for a wheelie happy rider. I will.get some different bars
At steady speed it is possible for a properly tuned 30mm pumper carb to get better mileage than a properly tuned similar style non pumper carb 30mm carb. I agree. You don't have to explain, but under aggressive riding the pumper carb will get worse milage.
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 03-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #11
Banned

Ordered Protaper sport Unadilla bars. Possibly will get some offset risers depending on how they feel. The TBR7 top clamp is kinda funky, with the bar clamp bosses hanging off the tank side. Not sure how I like it yet but as a tall rider I'll probably need to move the clamping area forward an inch, thus offset risers.

Changed the oil it shipped with. Looked fine. Rotella T4 now. The drain plug is nice, with a magnet. There was a very small amount of very fine metal on it as expected. Cooler is on the way.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #12
Banned

The MCO arrived signed and perfect with a notarized bill of sale as well. Getting the title will be easy. Awesome experience with TXPS.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:53 PM   #13

Do you guys know if the new TBR7 D's that are on TXPower are 2021? On the technical specs on their website it says 2020 for both the TBR7 and the TBR7 D. Does this mean they were released in China last year and are just getting here?

Old 04-27-2021, 09:58 PM   #14

The tbr7 I got back in September from txpowersports was a 2021, so I'd guess they'd be 2021s now too. But these days theres no telling. Lol
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 04-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #15

Hello some are some are not 2021,mine was to be 2018. But was sent 2021,bought at walmart $1508.00,very happy disk brakes. Great bike !!!!