Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2021, 03:51 PM   #1

Hello, new here..

I am new here, so pls don't bite...I have been wanting to get back into motorcycling again..I haven't been on a bike since I was 14y/o, that was a little cr80.. So I thought bout buying a Hawk DLX. I have been impressed by what I have seen so far, also the price in perfect..

I do have one question though, I was wondering where everyone keeps their registration and insurance on the bike? I would think most bikes have that paperwork under the seat. but I would think it would be a bitch to remove the seat if you get pulled over..ect.

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but haven't been able to find any post that answers this question...

Thanx

Old 07-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #2

I keep mine in the storage tube. I have the regular Hawk though. Yeah, it might get stolen. My state doesn't require title to be with the vehicle as far as I'm aware and it's hard to get pulled over for speeding.

Old 07-30-2021, 04:48 PM   #3

I use this.

Behind License Plate Storage Box

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36322542210...yABEgJFnPD_BwE

Old 07-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #4

Many states are now allowing the presentation of registration, insurance and DL stored on your phone.

It is a bit redundant since the officer is going to put your SS# into the computer in his car and retrieve all of that anyway. Many times they already have the information on the screen from running your plate before they ever get out of the cruiser.

Old 07-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #5

If you are the only one riding the bike, you can keep it in your wallet, as one does a driver's license. I used to keep mine in the small plastic tool box towards the left rear of my Brozz.

Old 07-30-2021, 05:55 PM   #6

Are you a bush pilot? Those dudes are crazy.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:57 PM   #7

I am a pilot, I really want to b a bushpilot living in Alaska, but can't convince my wife to allow me to do that(she says it to cold...lol)..Bushpilots does have nerves of steel...you also have to be somewhat crazy to live like that.....