Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2022, 07:41 PM   #1

Pentora

I've had it on the street for 5 or 6 days and I'm no expert but I'm impressed.
I'm sure I'm hitting 50mph wide open on flat pavement and this thing could actually take 2 more gears.

I'm running around in 20 degrees and colder without much issue getting it started, replaced the headlights immediately, added a flood light and put in a larger battery. My only concern now that it's broken in is I have gone on 2 wheels quite a few times, and will have to add spacers because I most definitely will flip it soon if I keep pushing it.
If it had the extra gears, I realized too many people would die on the thing in the first day, especially with the regard some people have for Chinese ATV-s.

One thing I most definitely am an expert at is engineering and inventing, and you couldn't pay me to go with a used Yamaha over brand new and Chinese after my experience with this 4 wheeler and my Zongshen-Xmotos dirtbike. This 4 wheeler is just far superior to that bike, but outside swapping it's frame, it's another ridiculous monster in the 250cc class.
I've never pulled wheelies on the bike, but this pulls them in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm really amazed these forums aren't hopping.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:53 PM   #2

Sounds like you are having some fun!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-03-2022, 11:50 PM   #3

The muffler fell off today.
I was definitely at or nearing 50mph, without it I'm maybe hitting 25-30 at best. I know it's a single piston but I've never seen anything have a loss like that lol.

Still a beast and I've wiped out a few times. I say frame, engine and all critical parts are high quality, and the rest is a mixed bag without any significant hassles or disasters. I don't see a point in any significant upgrades beyond the headlights, the muffler obviously, and some expensive spacers. I will definitely roll it sooner or later if I don't get more wheelbase, and you should never go cheap on spacers.

I looked at all the brands and just kept going over the photos intensely and once again, I chose wisely. This is a 230 that could run 6 maybe 7 gears lol.