Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #1

1984 Honda Z50R Project(pics now)

So can I post in here if I have a China powered honda z50r?

Ok I will then.

I abandoned the 70cc sunl build for this.

This project came about Sunday when I went to a mini meet. It should be ridable tomorrow. Heres what I am doing.

I call it "Wheelie Monster"

1984 Honda Z50r Real clean in stock colors(blaze red). I am instaling the Lifan 125 race motor. For now I am planning on the hot CDI that Kelly suggest. Ill figure out the power and maybe move up to the inner rotor kit. Im ordering a set of rear shocks (for grownups) that will make for a good ride and be able to support my weight and the wieght of the bike on the back wheel. The fronts should be ok with some stiffer springs. Im also trying to find a set of 3.50x8 sport tires for it. The carb is a 22mm for now,that sticks out the side cuz it wont fit under the tank.Im going with 14/37 gears, but have a good range of fronts to choose from if I dont like it. I promise picture tomorrow. May even get one of a wheelie. If all goes well I might ship this bike up to Zapkin for the Ohio River jump!

Before you say it, I know it aint pretty.Thats not what it was intended for.I did get the big boy seat and beefy suspension on it allready. What do ya think??

Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #2

it hasn't stopped you yet has it?

just kidding with ya, of course you can post! got any pics of the bike?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #3

Re: Can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRidin
So can I post in here if I have a China powered honda z50r?
Key words are CHINA POWERED. You are good.

Ob1 has a china hybrid also. Teamcheap is builder one. I have one in waiting.

Allen

Old 05-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGongJitsu
it hasn't stopped you yet has it?

just kidding with ya, of course you can post! got any pics of the bike?

But Im behavin for now.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
The z50r was my first bike.One ride and i was hooked.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #6

I sure wish I didnt have a broken wrist, so I could ride this thing harder.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #7

Ok its geared too low at 14/37. Im going up to 16 or 15. It wheelies with throttle in 3 gears. Not just little ones either. Great big look around the motor to see where your goin kind of wheelies. Ill post results

Old 05-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #8

CRidin

CRidin,

Yup, you'll kill yourself on that for sure now .
If your like me , and I think your reputation "WAS" , some people would actually enjoy that .
I can see that bike is capable of jumping the Ohio River now , no problem . The landing the jump on the otherhand is probably out of the question . 8O
It looks really cool though .
I do believe a Rake job is in order up front, or something ? No way do you have any engine clearence for the front suspension now ? So it appears . Looks like the front tire will rub for sure on the head with any amount of fork compression ? I could be wrong, it happens allot

How does she run and ride ??

Cheers, Kelly

Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #9

Kelly it dont get too close. It may need some tweekin before the river jump,but for my needs its great. BTW I put the CDI on that I got from your buddy. I see a small gain on top end but down low it dont help alot. What are your results with it. It is passible that my motor just aint going to do more. Not that it needs it. I also put the 17 on the front. Its rideable now for sure but still gets squirrly. Heres my latest addition.

Its a tiny tach. I had it so why not huh?

Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #10

CRidin

CRidin ,
So , you do have a little travel up front on that set-up is what your saying ? Just not enough for the Ohio River Jump is all, I get it .
Your motor looks like a Loncin, not a Lifan by the way . I just got rid of mine recently , they sent me one with a broken clutch and your motor is identical to it ? I am running the new DDR Lifan on both mine now . There may very well be some differences , not sure ?
As far as the CDI unit you got from Eric at Ecrox goes , I think our set-ups are enough different that it is obvious they perform different . I have lots of low-end torque and very good consistant grunt thoughout the powerband too . I use powerband loosely here, because I consider a powerband a 2-stroke thing . Lots of low-end and consistant gain throughout the rev curve is what I mean . But, CRidin that has ALLOT to do with my Mikuni carb I am running too . Plus I am running the really nice air cleaner on the Red Bike too which is five time the air your getting with that little cone your running on the Z50 .
I attribute all that to much better low-end than yours right now .

How did your transaction go with Eric by the way , no problems I hope ?
I do know his shipping is phenominally fast . He doesn't sit there and wait to send stuff out, he gets right on it unlike other suppliers .

I cannot imagine how screaming fast that little bike must go ??? 8O
Your nutts man , I like it !
That thing is like a jet-powered roller skate with Knobby tires ! Sweet !
I hope your wearing your helmet and wrapping yourself in Bubble wrap ?
Good God that thing looks AWSOME !!!!!!! I like the Ape Hangers too.

Cheers, keep me posted if your still alive by Sunday

Cheers, Kelly out

Old 05-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #11

It looks like my cb350 had a baby! 8O
Pass out the cigars boys!
Come to think of it Cridin, you could put a cb gas tank on it, paint it black and have the worlds smallest caferacer. No guff I like it. 8) N2r

Old 05-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #12

New2Riding

Oh my God New2Riding ! 8O

I can see it now, " New2Riding Corporation in conjunction with his teams newest builder CRidin wins the Isl. Of Mann TT races on his newley spawned Baby CB50 Cafe' Racer " , sources said at the Pints and Quarts Pub today in Mann . 8O
A quote from New2riding and his co-conspirator CRidin say they had been plotting this take over of the Isl. Of Mann trophy take back from the Brittish motorcycle makers since they lost the trophy again after the 1973 CB350 win in Mann years ago . Patrons at the Pints and Quarts were outraged , once again , that the little Japanese bike Builders New2Riding and CRidin had dooped them again . They said " we should have known when these two riff-raffs showed up in town together with free cigars and liquor and thier new Baby CB50 that they were up to no good , just like they did in 1973 " Shorty Poker said .
After todays win at Mann by the two villians , locals were flabbergasted .
" We were all so shocked they had a new Baby CB50 together , that we thought nothing of the offer of the free Prostitutes and Liquor to our Britt racers the night before the race by the two " Lofty Donker stated .
The Mann Times reports that the incident has harckened the Queen of England herself to post a bounty on the heads of the two conspirators and a reward of 1,000,000 pounds for the return of the Cup to its rightfull owners, the Britts . She said herself she has put into law today that NO MORE non-Britt riders will be alllowed to race the Mann race, nor will she allow any of these little Japanese lightening bikes on her Majesty's race course on Mann any further from this day forth .

The two criminals left town unseen shortly after leaving the winners circle where nobody showed up to congratulate them today .
A day of Mourning was planned in Great Britain today for the loss of the trophy once again . The Queen could not be reached for comment , she was at Londons Heathro Airport with the Bobbies trying to apprehend the suspects at the X-Ray machines , as they would have had to Keister the trophy to get it out of country . All Ports were also mined to avoid any retreat by the two in the shipping channels .
We feel that they may have commited Harey Carey already since this was not a truely fare way to win the Mann race as was the case in 73 also . This was the rumor today as the country was still in mourning after the horrible news hit the wires . A public lynching is planned upon the capture of two conspirators at the London Bridge when they are found .
Creamation ceremonies are also planned upon after the public hangings to avoid any further genetic spawn of such deviant and scandelous human beings in the race world . These two must be stopped and stopped now .

Cheers, from the desk of Kelly5150

Old 05-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #13

Kelly5150

Your too much! Still LMAO!!!
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #14

Kelly you a NUT! I cant wait to log on and see what your up to next.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #15

Well

Well CRidin ,
likewise I am sure , with your posting on the forum too might I add
If I keep posting this garbage , I may very well be not up to much here anymore
I have had such a hard month since late April, I need to humor myself I guess to carry on through all of it . New2Riding and I have an ongoing Isl. Of Mann thing going about the famous CB350 and this looked like the oportune time to ribb him some more , and you too of course . He's right too, that thing would make a cool CB50 Cafe' bike . Trust me, if it wasn't for his great post I would not have even gone on my roll about Mann at all , especially on your threade here . Just cannot help myself this time . I am who I am , and I don't have to try to be it 8O No apologese here this time from me . Hopefully nobody got offended ? If so, then they have some mighty thin skin here . I am a die hard Britt rider, so its on , anytime anyone has a cool CB story for me , he he hee hee .
I wear my Norton motor Tattoo on my arm proudly trust me . I love the CB350 too , great bike, and so is your Z50 , very cool, but my loyalty is always Britt Iron . I am Pollock, Britt , and Indian , so hence the sarcastic humor involved in my disposition . God save the Queen !!!!!!!!
Why Waltz when you can Rock-n-Roll anwyay ?

Cheers man , and how about a freekin update on that bike man !!!! Your obviuosly alive still , it is Sunday , so you definately have not killed yourself on it, yet ? How does she run and ride ? And the Wheelie pics are where ??????!!!!!!!!!
After my wreck yesterday , I am reluctant to ride my little bikes today I am going out and play on the Viva250 where I am safe to myself and mankind I ought to take a picture of the rutt I put in the ground with my knee ! Good grief, how embarrasing . :oops:

Cheers, kelly5150 out