Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2022, 03:17 AM   #1

Can anyone suggest chains and sprockets and bark busters they like?

I’m getting ready to do that 4000 mile maintenance soon.

Ordering tires. Tubes. Trying to figure out valve adjustment. Cleaning air filter.

Part of this maintenance I will replace the sprockets and chain. I found out the chain is an 08MC x 128 chain. Can anyone suggest to me some of their favorite, high-quality versions of the following?

*128 link chain appropriate for the xpect with some simple master link. I’ve seen some where you screw in little screws. Maybe a clip would be ok. Carrying around a breaker seems not as good as other systems. What is your suggestion?

*sprockets. It doesn’t look like you can order a front sprocket from KP Moto club. Just the rear. So, I figure I will get to aftermarket sprockets. I would like to keep the same stock gear ratio. Better for off-road. Any suggestions on which set to get? I heard it’s difficult to fit the front one. I would like one that fits just as easily as stock.

* Bark busters. I’m not sure if I have the term correct. The things that protect your hands and levers from tree limbs or going down and bending a lever in the dirt. I’m buying a new brake lever finally, not that I even need one, because I use two fingers. However, bending that brake lever several months ago shows me that I could have broken the front brake completely if I weren’t so lucky on that time that I dumped it in the sand. So I would like to put a nice looking set on the handlebars. To protect the levers. Any suggestions? Which ones you like? That will fit my bike?

*mirrors. The stock mirrors are $25 for a set. Does anyone have some aftermarket ones they like? The stock mirrors are also round. It seems like modern mirrors are shaped with all sorts of weird angles and stuff. I cracked my right mirror with the same drop of the bike that bent the brake lever. Just to be a perfectionist, I was going to replace the mirror also. But they come in a pair. So I might as well upgrade to some pair that looks cooler. Any suggestions on this one?

A bit nervous to ask these questions, because last time I asked basic questions like this, I got no answers, and then I got reamed out for not knowing the answer to my question. I hope that doesn’t happen with this thread.