Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2022, 07:50 PM   #1

Alarm issue

I replaced the battery and the key fob battery. Last the the brozz 250 alarm went off randomly twice for about 10/15 seconds within a 30 minute period. Then I strapped the bike in the back of my truck, set the alarm and it never went off. Then today from 10:07 to 6:25 I had the alarm set with no issue. Rode the bike home strapped it in my truck and set the alarm 20 minutes later the alarm went off twice within 10/15 minutes. Have anyone had these issues

Old 04-04-2022, 09:27 AM   #2

One of the first things I did with my Brozz was to remove the alarm and remote start. So, cannot say much else. I expected the alarm wouldn't stop anyone determined to steal the bike. And the remote start just struck me as not all that valuable.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:36 PM   #3

Agreed, the alarm is more of a liability than anything. It's a surprisingly large parasitic load on the battery and the remote start function is less than useless since there is no in-gear safety interlock. The same one came on my Enforcer. It would drain my battery to the point it would no longer be able to start the bike if you left it alone for just a couple of days. And if you knocked or sat on the keyfob wrong the remote start would trigger by itself. Fun fact: If you leave your bike in gear and hit the remote start it will leap forward when the starter motor is driven and then fall over.

Your issue with randomly going off is likely in your remote keyfob, not the alarm on the bike. Since you've already had it taken apart you can see that it's quite crude on the inside. It has absolutely no weatherproofing nor logic built in to reject phantom or accidental keypresses. If you get even a tiny bit of moisture inside (or conductive grit, or whatever else) it will behave as if its buttons are being pressed by themselves unpredictably as it moves around and its temperature changes, etc.

Do yourself a favor and remove the alarm/remote start assembly. It just unplugs. To get the bike to start again, plug the male and female bullet plugs left over (typically black and white wires) together and the bike will behave as normal via the key, without the need to have the remote start and alarm in place. And once you see how easy it is to remove you'll realize why it's not stopping anybody from stealing your bike.