Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2022, 05:45 PM   #1

Crankshaft Position Sensor Errors P0336/P0337

I've started noticing some engine misfire on my 2020 Hawk DLX 250 and soon got the P0336 (Crankshaft position sensor noisy signal/interference) that I was able to clear. I started the bike and put it on idle for several minutes but once I started riding it for a couple of blocks it died and I could not start it anymore.
This time I got code P0337 (Crankshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Low Input)
Please let me know if you have any known solutions (like simply replacing the sensor) and parts sources.

Thank you in advance,

lcruz
2020 Hawk DLX 250
Software: HUD ECU Hacker (https://netcult.ch/elmue/HUD%20ECU%20Hacker/)

Old 04-26-2022, 10:39 AM   #2

Sounds like a bad sensor,but check the wires and connections from the sensor to the computer. A problem in the computer is also a possibility, but not very likely.
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 04-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #3

P0337 - Solved!

Upon 2nd check on the wires was I able to spot the point (blue wire) where sensor was disconnected as it was fully out this time and not just barely.
I took the chance (gas tank out and all) to inspect and secure all other connections where I could by reinforcing with electrical tape and zip ties.
This is my 3rd major issue with the Hawk due to things getting loose. So far one front brake bolt, the clutch lever bolt and now the crankshaft sensor wiring.
To all new owners out there, follow the recommendations on this site and firmly secure the bolts, wires and whatever you think might get loose so you have less of a headache.

Have fun,

lcruz
2020 Hawk DLX 250
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220427_174013_20.jpg (134.7 KB, 99 views)

Old 04-29-2022, 06:55 AM   #4

Yikes. This loose sensor wiring brought me back memories of my old car (a 2001 Renault Megane Coupe 1.4 ) that quit on me during high-speed freeway overtaking....and then would start and keep running whenever it felt like it.

Turned out it was a faulty crankshaft position sensor, but it could also happen out of the blue because of a dirty sensor as well as the connector's design. The latter, in fact, was the object of a recall by Renault (!) at some point, since it just got shaken loose so often, and they introduced new, more secure connectors that were not compatible with the older ones. Turned out my particular Megane had a "hybrid" connector that would accept both the old and the new types...but neither too securely

Tags
crankshaft, p0336, p0337, sensor