Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2022, 08:37 PM   #1

Question Differences - Bashan vs Hawk vs RPS Hawk vs DLF Hawk vs Magician

A quick search quickly overwhelmed my tiny pea size brain, because there is so much info on these forums!
(Not a complaint at all, I'M GLAD THIS PORTAL EXISTS , kudos to everyone involved in managing and running this and keeping it going!)

So my question is:
1) what's are differences between the above brands? Off the top, they seem to be alike visually and specs-wise..

2) In Bashan, what's the difference between the Bashan Brozz vs Raven vs Storm?

3) Please correct me if I'm wrong: Tao Tao TBR7 is the most basic of all, pretty bare bones, entry level and a great value for the pricepoint. Next up are the Bashan Brozz/various Hawk 250s?
What makes them worth the extra/higher cost ($500 - $700)?

4) I guess the TBR7's price went up (online or in store), especially the last 9-15 months. Would this shrinking price difference make the Brozz/Hawk more desirable?

Thank you in advance for the inputs, guys!

Old 08-04-2022, 10:07 PM   #2

not to me TBR& 3000 miles ,and all is good mean great FRee bike thanks to Manny the snake

Old 08-04-2022, 11:40 PM   #3

I think the carbureted Hawk, and TBR7 are a toss up, and probably comes down to wheels, and tires . When I bought my first Chinese bike the Brozz 250, abd Hawk DLX were priced about the same. I chose the Brozz because I had heard good things about Peace Sports, and as a current TBR7 owner, I can definitely say that the Brozz was definitely nicer. I like my TBR7D just fine, and can't really complain about it, and can't really say whether the extra price buys any extra longevity, or dependability (other than rear sprocket studs), but it does definitely buy a nicer bike, and great customer service.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:31 AM   #4

Magician has a different rear sprocket and suspension, and a tiny gas tank. That's the biggest difference between it and the hawk.

The hawk is a great one to go with, You can also register it in most states.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:47 AM   #5

From my perspective, I think the Magician is a great bike, but I wish it had a larger tank. I have a short in seam, so it fits me better than the Hawk. I rate the carb Hawk, TBR7, and Magician the same. I think all the Bashan bikes are a big step up with counter balanced engines making them way smoother and build quality is much better, and the Recon now comes with taller tires if that's your wish..

2016 Magician 250

Old 08-05-2022, 06:55 PM   #6

The Bashan bikes are also EPA certified and 49 state legal, whereas the OG Hawk and Magician are not. There are states you cannot plate a Hawk or Magician in at all, but you can plate the Bashan bikes anywhere except California.