Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2023, 01:13 PM   #1

Question X-pro Titan dlx 250

Hello everyone! I just acquired a brand new dlx 250 having some trouble with idle and cold starts. The first thing I wanna do is get a better carb and what else is needed to install it on the bike was looking at the nibbi 28mm? Is that the rt choice? Anyone have any information on what header and air cleaner setup I would need to work with that?..thank you in advance

Old 05-31-2023, 04:47 PM   #2

Do a search on "2021 Xpro Titan DLX" its a sticky with a bunch of good info in it

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-31-2023, 05:43 PM   #3

FYI
Cold starts and rough idle/stall is standard lean symptoms.

Spend whatever you want, but you WILL end up re-jetting and adjusting airmix screw on ANY carburetor to get it running right.

Replace the carb and lose all of the information you already know on this OEM carb performance, In other words... buy another one and start all over if you want to...

But carb replacement is the most common mistake every newb goes through. It doesn't increase performance, and you have to figure out connections like choke, throttle to tower slide, and yes, airscrew adjustment, and you have to test it first, then take the carb out (AGAIN!), change jets and make the adjustments! You are already half way there (you know it needs a bump on pilot jet and probably main jet!). And I will bet you have not adjusted your valves yet.

Start with the valves, buy jets (under $10), and get it running right with OEM carb.

Then if you modify the exhaust, maybe port the head, MAYBE a new carburetor would be useful.

Sorry, I just have to let this information go to new members.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:08 PM   #4

So true Thumper, just need jets for stock one.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:22 AM   #5

@ thumper.. Thank you for the information the main reason for wanting another carburetor was so I could take it apart tune and change things that I can not with the stock carburetor, at least not as easy. I asked because I wanted to see what the recommendations were as too brand and size that others were using.the only thing I'm new to is this forum and China bikes ! Lol I doubt I would be even looking for a carb at all if I got another yamaha!! Lol this was a gift! And it's really not a terrible bike.for the money I figured this was the place to come with questions .thanks again!

Tags
titan carburetor, titan dlx 250, x pro titan