Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #1

My HS200GY HSUN

I'm driving a HS200GY by HSUN or Chongqing Huansong Industries Group Co., Ltd. The decals on it don't seem to match the manual. The decals have ULIKE and UK200cc. What's up with that?
I've been doing my daily runs for my company (my own) on the bike and have the speedo up to 432KM so far. I will put the pics up in my gallery, if I can get into it. The site messed up when I tried to register. Won't let me in. Maybe a mod can fix that for me.

Since I got it I have:
-locktighted it (mostly blue except red on the bigger stuff)
-repainted part of the frame where I spilled battery acid on it.
(Canadian Tire - Tremclad Silver. Matched well.)
-went over the whole frame with rust inhibitor to protect behind the
welds and inside the frame where I could.
-Coated electrical ends etc. with dielectric gel protectant.
-got sized for riser foot pegs for the rear for my son.
Should come up about 10 inches for him. I will take
a pic of them when ready.
-Changed the rear tube. Popped on me.
-Changed the rear sprocket from 56T to 42T. (17T on the front)

No oil change yet, I think I am suppose to wait till it is at 1000km first. I already have my bottles of AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 10W-40 waiting. Is that the right stuff?

The bike is doing nice so far. The sprocket change was dramatic. Very required for the road.
Next thing to do will be the front tire tube change and the KandN Filter Cone. I will do the jet size at the same time I believe. I guess I should drill the exhaust as well. Is that required?
Oh ya, what is the reason for the clip mod?

I am having some issues that I could use some help with.
1) The front fork bearing is leaking grease. What should I do about that?
Is it a matter of tightening it up? How?

2) It is starting to (occasionally) pop out of first gear when I start off. Might be from me not getting it completely into first when I stop at a light. Seems to need to be moving a bit or I need to engage the clutch between down shifts to get it to go into the next lower gear. It didn't need to do this under 350km. Oil change required?

3) The new rear sprocket allows for much higher speeds now. I got up to 100-105 km/hr (62mph-65mph) today but had to roll the throttle down to 95 km/hr due to the bike starting to wobble the front tire. Didn't like that! The bike has plenty still in the throttle to go past 105km/hr (65 mph) but I need to fix this wobble issue of course. I need a stable 115km - 120km/hr (71 mph - 75 mph) to be comfortable on the 400 series of highways (Interstate). Any suggestions with this one?

4) Need to dampen out a couple of plastic fender vibrations. On the right side the fender (plastic side panel) buzzes against the exhaust heat shield. I could use a piece of high density foam to go between them, but I am sure it would melt. Any one...?
On the other side, I pushed/bent my battery box (metal) in a bit. I am going to slip a piece of foam from an old life jacket in the battery box to keep the battery from jiggling as well.
Might also check the engine mount bolts to see if they are the right size. Might be some vibration there as well.

5) I haven't done a lot of night driving yet (learners permit) but I think a brighter headlight is in order. Is there an after market bulb I can just replace the existing one with?

6) The signals come stock with a beeper. The beeper beeps when the signal flashes to remind me to turn them off after a turn and I guess it is loud enough to convince every other car around me there is a dump truck backing up onto their trunks. I thing I might put a switch in there to turn it on or off depending on how I feel that day.

7) I am going to put a "Holy F()[&" strap on the seat for passengers. My little guy might use it.

8) Is there a way to put a small windshield on these bikes. Easy on/easy off? It might cut down on the wind blast at 100km/hr+.

9) Most definitely I am putting on a good waterproof luggage pod. Saw it posted here and have needed it so many times. Need some side boxes as well for longer days out.

People stop me all the time to ask what kind of bike it is or just to say "Nice Bike". Even a couple of guys with green hair. Not a bad little bike so far. Funny thing is I have only heard of one other guy that had one so far (theENIGMATIC).

I will use this thread as my running update on the machine.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #2

I would change the oil after a couple hundred km!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #3

Time for an oil change. Don't use the amsoil yet. Use some more dino for another 500kms or so.

The stock tires may not be real stable at higher speeds.

Allen

Old 06-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #4

2) I hope you're not using the motor oil that came with the bike. It's not meant to be run on.

3) Make sure the steering head is tight.

5) Make sure your headlight is pointing properly first. One that is aimed too high will make the light appear dim.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #5

OK, will do the oil change tomorrow. Dino? What is that type? Non synthetic?

As for the tires, I can see that being a problem.
Would I need to change both the front and back, or just the front?
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #6

Will do with the tightening suggestion. It probably is that simple but I think it needs a tool?

I didn't know not to run the stock oil. My bad, but the dealer (not much of a dealer) never mentioned anything to me.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #7

The front will make the most difference. If you don't plan to ride dirt then go ahead and get a street tire. Otherwise the duro medians have been great on my bike and still allow some dirt riding.

www.americanmototire.com don't know if they ship to Canada, but the tires are a bargain.

I would use some dino 10w40 or 15w40 yet until you get a few more miles on the bike. Wait until at least a 1000kms.

Allen

Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #8

Welcome,

Sounds like the same bike that Viva has been selling and several of us have them. I'm pleased with mine.

My turn signal alarm died a while back for some reason. It was irratic from the start.

The oil these bikes ship with is not very good and should be changed out ASAP! 8O

Your ODO probably reads kilometers even though the speedo reads MPH.

Don't recommend pushing these bikes over 65mph if it will even go any faster. Mine runs 7.5k revs at 65 with 39/17 and the power curve falls off above 6 anyway.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
Will do with the tightening suggestion. It probably is that simple but I think it needs a tool?
I have no idea where one can find such a tool. I suppose one could make one. As for my lazy self, I very, very carefully used a hammer and flat head screwdriver.

Quote:
I didn't know not to run the stock oil. My bad, but the dealer (not much of a dealer) never mentioned anything to me.
Wow! Maybe your dealer changed the oil before delivering the bike.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #10

Quote:
OK, will do the oil change tomorrow. Dino? What is that type? Non synthetic?

As for the tires, I can see that being a problem.
Would I need to change both the front and back, or just the front?
"Dino oil" or "dinosaur oil" Means it comes from the earth! or petrolium based, as opposed to synthetic wich is man made.....

Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Quote:
I have no idea where one can find such a tool. I suppose one could make one. As for my lazy self, I very, very carefully used a hammer and flat head screwdriver.

Quote:
Wow! Maybe your dealer changed the oil before delivering the bike.
Dragon! The optimist.....

Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #12

Thanks large for all the info. I will post my results and some more pics in the next couple of days.
Now that elroyjetsn mentions the turn signal thing, mine got real slow on the right side today. Only for a short time though, then back to normal.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #13

Yeah its a messy bike for sure, well mine is...Im having fun learning and making mods with it though......I replaced the headlight, and yeah I would probably say go brighter...you probably should downshift through all the gears and pull the clutch in on this bike, street tires are a must and dont drop it, I dropped mine once and Im still trying to recover the damage by finding parts etc.lol.Its a cool bike though!

Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #14

Nice to hear from ya.
I'm going to fix mine up nice. Just got one of these front tires and a heavy duty tube.
http://www.americanmototire.com/cata...th=200_246_247
I will have it put on tomorrow. I will post if it makes a difference. Rear is still stock.

Got the "dino" oil and will change latter today and tighten up the steering nut with the hammer and screw driver method (gently).
I will do my best not to <strike>crash</strike> drop it.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #15

Quote:
...tighten up the steering nut with the hammer and screw driver method (gently).
I will do my best not to <strike>crash</strike> drop it.
Before you tear apart the handlebars, does the steering feel like there is something loose when you hit a bump or a pothole? If not, then I would say your steering head is tight enough.