Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #1

Local Honda dealer likes the Lifan

I stopped by my local Honda dealer to see about having the rear rim professionally trued. The guy was not only familiar with the Lifan but had absolutely no problem working on it if I need it fixed. I'll just have to order the parts from AL.

I was really surprised by how open he was to working on my bike if I need something done.

I have to say, that was the best 1600.00 I've ever spent on transportation.

I know I sound like a AL fanboy and that is quite a contrast to before but I've got near 6000 km now and I love the damn thing.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #2

Word dawg.

these American lifans are a fine running machine as long as you take care of them. dont think my yammi dealer would have issues working on my bike it is simple enugh I could teach my sister how to pull wrenches on it. he better not have problems.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #3

absolutely..its exceeded my expectations

Old 06-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

My chinabike was only a 150cc. The first time I rode it, I was blown away. The only other bike's I had rode were a 250 virago and a yami dirt type bike, I rode both where I took my motorcycle course. I liked mine better than either of those. For 2 months everytime I rode it, the bike ran better. It never let me down, and I rode it hard on the street. I miss it for city driving. It was quick and didn't weigh much. It survived riding across southern ontario and into Quebec. I miss my chinabike.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #5

hey zap thats good about the local dealer
here where i live they know me too and will work with in finding parts if needed, yeh they snicker or snarwl, but i'm proud of my bikes as well
at a lower cost and fuuuuuunnnnn to work on . i have'nt had this many scratches and cuts on me since i worked on my suzuki 90 from 1969 wooohooo....

Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #6

The mechanics at my local shop were very impressed with my Xingyue. Till then they had only seen Canadian Tire chinabike's. They really are crap.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #7

I agree those China bikes at Canadian Tire suck....I dont think they can do much of anything......what Happened to your 150cc China bike Iron???

Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
I agree those China bikes at Canadian Tire suck....I dont think they can do much of anything......what Happened to your 150cc China bike Iron???
Last year was my first, and I rode the chinabike a lot. I found out I like long bike trips. At the end of the season I was surfing Kijiji to see what bike would better suit the riding I want to do. There ain't much in my price range. I picked up my 1972 cb350. I sold the chinabike for half of what I payed for it, to the only person that saw it. I worked on the cb over winter, and used 1/2 of the chinabike $$$$ to certify the cb. I got Bridgestone spitfire tires for christmas. I figure my chinabike did it's job. It was the bike that taught me about bikes.