Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #1

Can't get a Title in NH! Please Help!

Hey all-

Earlier this summer I bought a Roketa RSM-200E secondhand, and now it's tuned up and ready to go. I went into my local town hall with MSO in hand to register/plate it, and was turned away saying that the first owner (the guy I bought it from) had to register it first, before I could even legally buy it.

This doesn't sound right to me. He never rode the bike on roads, and thus never titled it. He transferred the MSO to me with the form on the back. I don't see why I can't go into the Town hall and get a title for the bike.

I called the guy I bought it from, he owns several motorcycles and seemed to think I should just be able to go into my town hall and get it registered. I've emailed the original seller of the bike (an ebay vendor), but I'm not sure what to do next.

Any help is appreciated, I really want to get my Roketa on the road!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
In my state (Georgia) the person stated on the MSO must title the bike first. Then ownership can be transfered through the states title. I think they do this because most dealers can print thier own MSO's, they're not as "legal" as a real title from a state. I even found a website where I could buy the software to print an identical MSO just like the one I had. I also was told I had to have a NHTSA (FVSS) decal on the bike before it could be registered in my state otherwise it would be titled "offroad use only". Luckily it did. Your only option is to get the original owner (the guy who bought it off ebay) to go through the process, and then transfer the state title to you.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG1976
In my state (Georgia) the person stated on the MSO must title the bike first. Then ownership can be transfered through the states title. I think they do this because most dealers can print thier own MSO's, they're not as "legal" as a real title from a state. I even found a website where I could buy the software to print an identical MSO just like the one I had. I also was told I had to have a NHTSA (FVSS) decal on the bike before it could be registered in my state otherwise it would be titled "offroad use only". Luckily it did. Your only option is to get the original owner (the guy who bought it off ebay) to go through the process, and then transfer the state title to you.
Apparently it is the same thing in NH. I am in touch with the original seller, they may be able to get me a new MSO, we'll see. Otherwise I have to get this guy to get a title, then transfer it over to me.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
You may also have to call your local police officer out to"varify" the vin. I had to do this, not a big deal though. The tag office gave me a form to have him fill out. I called the dispacth office an officer came out and ran the vin through his computer and filled out the paper all in about 20 minutes.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #5

Not sure how this will end up let us know...Just get the previous owner to register it even if you have to pay....then redo all the bill of sale etc.and then re-register.otherwise get a refund?