Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #1

correct regulator / rectifier?

I need to find a correct regulator / rectifier for Hi-Bird gy200, pictures of other bikes show the Lifan, komoto, roketa, hi-bird all appear to have the same looking parts.

The first time I rode my Hi-bird gy200 to work the battery box broke off, so it was kick start for a couple months. Since it was hard to start on cool mornings I set a car battery next to it to start it in the morning and kick start in the evening when I left work. I had to leave before daylight one morning and connected the battery backwards - it fried the regulator / rectifier and blew out headlight & taillight. The two new ones I ordered of ebay are only giving me 5.7 volts to headlight and do not seem to charge the battery at all.

This is the link to one of the ones I got off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATV-V...1%7C240%3A1318

Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #2

do all of them, the one that came off and the one you bought look the same if so you may have a bad stator of have wiring problems check the voltages going to the regulator
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #3

They don't look exactly the same. Unfortunately when the first new one came in, I threw the bad one away. The ones I bought have two little round dots in the middle and the old one had one square in the middle.

A friend tested at the headlight connector with regulator connected and got 5.7 volts ac. With regulator unplugged, 27v at idle, 40+ as I revved it.

Another friend today also told me to check it directly off the stator. Guess I'll try that Sat.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:03 AM   #4

There's a good fault-finding flow chart here. It's a bit confusing as it describes a three-phase system but the principles apply:

http://www.electrosport.com/technica...ng-diagram.pdf

It looks as if you have the usual (correct) regulator used on lots of Chinese bikes, ranging from 50 cc pitbikes to 200 cc vertical engined bikes. Even though I work in the power industry I find testing of these things a pain in the butt. They're simple in principle: a rectifier, battery sensing circuit, a thyristor to shunt excess voltage to earth, blah, blah, blah. In practice I can't work them out, repairs being by substitution.

I hear that lots of faults are due to the earth connections. Make sure that it's bolted securely to the chasis and that it makes a good earth connection.

I will be making some sort of test rig for these things in a little while and will let you know. (if it works).
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy