Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #1

FINALLY!!!

I've finally got my SOB running how its supposed to be!!!! im so happy i finally finioshed it, after almosta year of it not running right. 3 months of constant work last year trying to fix a problem that wasnt even the worse problem, i was trying to adjust the carb when my fuel line was completely sealed off which i didnt discover until this season opening up under the gas tank and seeing what was wrong. replacing the lines i went to try and find a replacement for a needle, and lost the original and could not locate a new one, so i had to get another carb. the company i purchased it from had a LOT of complaints and decided to dispute those charges. so i went and got a NOTHER carb, this one was running lean and needed a new jet needle, then about 3 days to a week later after trying this one, low and behold the carb that i thought was cancled, shows up. so as im looking at it i see this carb as having a lot better carburation for the higher airflow and engine and such, it has an accelerator pump which would be nice for the instant power and it has richer needles and jets in it, so i figure, wth ill slap it in. well when i did so and i was testing it, i broke the throttle cable barrel thing that is the cast part that holds the cable in the throttle assembly. so im like well its already in there and i really wanna try this, so fck it. i attach a vise grip the the throttle cable, and start up the bitch. she ran, she ran so amazing and with so much more power (while i was testing it i started going and almost flipped it backwards) the only thing i need now is an accelerator pump cable. but finally FINALLY it runs!!!

If any of you have any pain in the ass stories like this, post em up!!!

(heres just a couple pics too)

my new throttle control!! lolz

i think i may need to figure out what to do with the air intake