Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #1

A couple questions about my new China Bike

Hi all I recently purchased a new 09 Qlink XP 200 Dual Sport bike and have a couple questions. First thing is my clutch lever seems rather loose and has some play up and down or slop, is this normal? Also when I come to a stop in 2nd gear it sometimes wont shift into first it shifts into neutral, and than wont shift to first inless i release and pull back the clutch. Has anyone had this problem with this bike or have any suggestions as too what the problem may be?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #2

Re: A couple questions about my new China Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowofDeath7
Hi all I recently purchased a new 09 Qlink XP 200 Dual Sport bike and have a couple questions. First thing is my clutch lever seems rather loose and has some play up and down or slop, is this normal? Also when I come to a stop in 2nd gear it sometimes wont shift into first it shifts into neutral, and than wont shift to first inless i release and pull back the clutch. Has anyone had this problem with this bike or have any suggestions as too what the problem may be?
Welcome aboard and CONGRATULATIONS on your purchace of a Q, an outstanding machine by any standard.

The clutch lever has significant play in it up and down, that is normal on the 2 Q's I've owned and the others I've seen.

As far as the shifting issue it seems normal enough for a new unit. Make sure the clutch lever is adjusted properly (about 1-2mm freeplay/slack in the cable) and the oil level is correct.

Other than that you're good to go! 8)

We'll stand by for the pictures....

Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #3

Welcome to the forums, tons of good people and info on here. Please allow me to second FastDoc's congratulations on your purchase of the Q Link, an excellent all around machine . As Doc said, as long as your clutch is adjusted properly and the oil level is correct all should be fine. They do shift better as they break in. Mine only has a couple of hundred km's on it, and one oil change and it shifts as smooth as silk. Enjoy the ride!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #4

Welcome to theses forums! You bought an excellent motorcycle; I am sure you will enjoy it very much. If you get the time, please do post some photographs; we love photos.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #5

Welcome to the forums!

What kind of oil did you put in it to start with?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #6

Welcome!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #7

Thanks everybody for the great advise and warm welcome's! So most of my problems seem to be just giving the bike time to break in as suggested. Took a long ride today as it was 65 degrees and sunny in my home state of Mass. So far loving my first motorcycle and real happy with my Qlink purchase.