Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #1

zong owners hens teeth found need input

after a long search i may have found the illusive 130/90-15 semi knobby, even though now i suffer from typing in broken english, (could have had problem before)
is there still a demand :?:
should i try to get a matching front tire :?:
keep in mind a few things i am ordering from china 8O and the price would be reasonable, unlike the ones i have, and what should be the cost :?:
o.k. guys i need replys
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #2

Phil, I think the $50 range would be reasonable. Not more than $75. That is my opinion. I am going to guess the tires are probably not high end.

Allen

Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #3

phil, i definitely would buy a rear tire and i believe a lot of others would too. some guys like the 18 rear wheel conversion but a lot of people bought the zong because of the low seat height and don't want it any higher. i would like to have the option to by a matching set or not so i would offer it and go from there. imo katoranger hit the nail right on the head on the price. when can we order? any pics? thanks phil and if this works out you are a life saver. alan

Old 04-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #4

I would so be interested in these tires!

Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #5

Spud mentioned that the original dualsport tire, a Kingstone I believe performed quite well and lasted a long time.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #6

I am glad you found a source for the rear, dual sport tires, Phil. I hope enough people express an interest in buying them.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Spud mentioned that the original dualsport tire, a Kingstone I believe performed quite well and lasted a long time.
The size 130/90-15, Kingstone, dual sport tire has the same tread pattern as the Cheng Shin, C858, dual sport tire. The Kingstone tire wears about the same, and performs about the same as the Cheng Shin C858; it is a good 50/50, dual sport tire.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #8

the one i got from zong the last time were not kingstones, these that i am trying to get may not be either. im still trying to figure out how things work there. at this point i feel i was doing well to find a supplier willing to deal with me. i now wait for the quote on shipping to see if i go through. they make the tire, seem really big on quality, and after some doing agreed to lower the minimum from 500 to 100. so keep your fingers crossed if you might want them. i wish i knew better what the demand is, i talked to jack the new manager zong, and asked how many sierras were sold here or how many they had sold, he didnt know, "a lot" was the answer. does anyone else find that odd??

Old 04-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
, i talked to jack the new manager zong, and asked how many sierras were sold here or how many they had sold, he didnt know, "a lot" was the answer. does anyone else find that odd??
Yes. He's avoiding the question. He should be able to give you an accurate figure. 1000, 2000, 10000, 500. Shouldn't be too hard. Clearly doesn't want to tell you. If someone asks me what my sales figures are and they have a 'right to know' I can tell you immediately to the nearest hundred dollar figure.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #10

the scary part is i think he really didnt know, i can normally spot a detail missed to give away when someone is dancing around or lying. you get that way after 20 odd years people telling you what happened (remember mechanic) everyone thinks the more they tell me the more it costs :roll: or how good it ran before i put the wipers on, now its my fault 8O

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #11

Count me in. I would just as well keep the tires stock, if price isn't to high.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
the scary part is i think he really didnt know, i can normally spot a detail missed to give away when someone is dancing around or lying. you get that way after 20 odd years people telling you what happened (remember mechanic) everyone thinks the more they tell me the more it costs :roll: or how good it ran before i put the wipers on, now its my fault 8O
Haha well if that's the case it's no wonder you're having issues with them. If he doesn't know the basics like his sales figures pretty hard to keep parts in stock.

Funny thing about the wipers. Bet that happens all the time. Related story:

My dad told me a story once of how they did an engine rebuild on a car. (engine rebuilding shop) Pulled the motor, re-machined it, re-installed it. Gal comes back in screaming how they screwed up her radio when they worked on the car since it doesn't work anymore and was fine before. They replace the radio thinking this is rediculous but keep the customer happy. Husband brings the car back in some while later for a head re-tourque, amazed at how the new motor fixed their fucked up radio, and how astonished he was about it. 8O

Bloody people.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #13

Being a mechanic as well , Glad to here it doesn't just happen to me . Had a lady customer ,years ago , came back in complaining that she just had a tuneup and the wipers still don't work . I guess she thought that a tuneup was for the whole car , not just the engine . LOL

Old 05-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #14

if they work on the street also i would be interested in the enduro tires rear only would be fine. matching doesnt matter to me there are plenty of 18" tires avaliable.

50$ -- 70$ would be the range i would consider i hope you can get them reasonable from china.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #15

news flash! zong is out for supplying the tires the cost to me was WAY over 50 :? i am close to having a deal on some more on the way i shoould know how it goes by later today if i go to bed and somehow wake up to go to work 8) i have made it as far as i am now waiting for a pi. it would be nice if i got a little more encouraging words on how everyone wants a dozen :wink: