Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #1

considering a 2006 Qlink

I am tempted to go take a look at a Qlink enduro. It is a titled 2006 w/ only 17 miles. Anyone care to give some insight regarding inspecting the bike and what a good / great purchase price would be being that I certainly don't need it...just want it. Please correct me if I am wrong, but is the earlier Q the exact same as the Zong 200 w/ the yamaha clone motor, or is the early Q more of a suzuke clone? Any idea what wheel size and seat height this bike has?

see photo below
Thanks, Mike

Old 07-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #2

It is a Zong, or a Q Link Ranger. Most people would give $1,000-$1,100 for it if it was a local pickup and otherwise in new condition. Maybe a bit more.

Very comfortable, very low seat. Good street/commuter. Not really a dual sport without doable but significant modifications.

It's a close copy of a Yamaha TW200.

The rear wheel is an oddball 15 incher. I don't remember the front but I think iy's an 18.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #3

These bikes are ok as dual sport if riding on dirt roads, logging roads. When you start getting into knarly trails then they can get difficult and breakage is possible. Take care of them and they will work fine.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
These bikes are ok as dual sport if riding on dirt roads, logging roads. When you start getting into knarly trails then they can get difficult and breakage is possible. Take care of them and they will work fine.
The problem is essentially zero availability of a 15 inch rear dual sport tire.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
It is a Zong, or a Q Link Ranger. Most people would give $1,000-$1,100 for it if it was a local pickup and otherwise in new condition. Maybe a bit more.

Very comfortable, very low seat. Good street/commuter. Not really a dual sport without doable but significant modifications.

It's a close copy of a Yamaha TW200.

The rear wheel is an oddball 15 incher. I don't remember the front but I think iy's an 18.
As usual, FastDoc has offered superb advice. That bike is essentially a 2006, Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2. You can learn a lot about this bike by reading the threads in the "Zong Sticky" I maintain in the Dual Sport Forum.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...66bbe7e12a1d23

I own a Zong, and have ridden it for almost 30,000 miles; it is a great little motorcycle. I agree with Doc regarding the offering price.

In stock form, the Zong is essentially a supermoto. The bike has an 18-inch front wheel, and a 15-inch rear wheel. If you want to mount a knobby tire on the rear wheel, you need to perform either a swingarm conversion, or build a custom, 18-inch rear wheel. Both options will cost you more money. All the information regarding these options is posted in the "Zong Sticky."

If you just want to ride ths bike only on the street, buy it quickly for $1,100, or less! The TW200 engine in this motorcycle is superb. If you want to also ride this bike offroad, the custom rear wheel is the cheapest option, but it will cost approximately $250 more, including shipping.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
The problem is essentially zero availability of a 15 inch rear dual sport tire.
Once again, the wise physician is correct! The Zong is extremely well manufactured; it will not break. I have ridden my Zong very hard for almost 30,000 miles; it is a rugged motorcycle. If anything, the Zong is overbuilt, which makes it a bit heavy for off road use. If you ride only on the street, the extra weight is not a problem. I ride my Zong off road a lot, but I have pared about 25 pounds off the bike with my various modifications.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #7

these are pretty dependable for the most part. with the low price you pay there is a chance you have a few problems but nothing that cant be fixed cheaply. once you work out any bugs you may have these bikes are alright. the biggest set back to offroad riding is the lack of a good dualsport tire in the 130-90-15 size for the rear. i know i as well as many others here on this forum have spent a lot of time looking for good tires for these bikes. there is a sticky in the dualsport section authored by spudrider and it is a great source of info on these bikes. i often look at it to remember what my modification options are. good luck.

shawn

p.s. i didnt see the last post when i started mine so sorry about repeat info :oops:

Old 07-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
these are pretty dependable for the most part. with the low price you pay there is a chance you have a few problems but nothing that cant be fixed cheaply...
Indeed, these bikes are very inexpensive to purchase, insure, operate, maintain, repair, and ride. The engine parts are virtually identical to Yamaha TW200 parts, at 1/4-1/2 the price of Yamaha parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
...the biggest set back to offroad riding is the lack of a good dualsport tire in the 130-90-15 size for the rear. i know i as well as many others here on this forum have spent a lot of time looking for good tires for these bikes. there is a sticky in the dualsport section authored by spudrider and it is a great source of info on these bikes. i often look at it to remember what my modification options are. good luck.

shawn

p.s. i didnt see the last post when i started mine so sorry about repeat info :oops:
Repeating accurate information is good thing, Shawn! Thank you for saying the kind words regarding the "Zong Sticky."

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220