Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #1

Help ID this customized chinese bobber please?

This base model:

Was turned into this simple oldschool hardtail bobber:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...17/RSBgD6zexuk

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...18/2P--nIzy4LE

I have a hensim 250 that I think is similar enough to pull this off, and I have to tear the engine out of my bike to fix it's transmission anyway.

I wonder what tank that could be too, if anyone knows.

And they say you can't shine a turd...

Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #2

That's totally workable, and I've flirted with similar thoughts. I love the rear fender treatment and the wide whites; I think it's a good look. It's interesting that the builder chose forward controls, because most bobbers seem to have mids.

I think the tank is from a Sporty. They're common on CL.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #3

I think the control position was stock, he just left it.

I'm stoked on it because it looks pretty simple. Easily a weekend project, but not much more than that to do it his way keeping the swingarm and just stretching that.

Of course then there's the option of doing a complete hardtail frame from scratch, that would be nice and just using this bikes head for the vin...

This bike was free to me, so I can afford to spend a little time on it now. I got it free because they denied my warranty so I turned them into the credit card company and got my money back and still got to keep it.

btw let me give a big thank you to baja motorsports customer service, thanks to your horrible inexcuseable treatment of me as a warranty customer who was denied service "in warranty" on a "known issue" I got this bike for free. Not only did I get a bike for free from you I get to rip you apart with nothing but the truth everwhere I go over and over.

haha

Of course I lost overall even with a free bike, nothing will ever return the riding season I missed because of you guys wasting my time keeping it in the shop and my money tied up until I beat you.

Baja, you evil evil company.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #4

The videos show a really neat conversion.

I can see the Hensim250/Baja250 in there.

I have been recently toying with the idea to start customizing it and those vintage tires add so much to the look.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #5

Well, if it's encouragement that you need, then I say do it!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #6

i say do it. i am in the process of making my Baja 250 into a bobber and it is totally worth it. i will post some pics when it is a little further along. the bike looks way better and it isn't even finished.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #7

Don't tease us Bill. Please show us some in-progress shots; it's gonna be a long winter.