Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #1

The CCW Tha Heist and my day with PIT Motors LTD

its pretty much the same post I did in MCM

I went down to PIT Motors LTD and met the guys who are bringing the Tha Heist to the States. They are located about 2hr drive for me, one way, and I ended up hanging out down there for 4 hrs. Brett and Al are good guys. Real gear heads.
They let me see the facility and take some pics of the place the bikes and the way they are shipped, I also was able to test drive the CCW Tha Heist.

I had the Bike out for a good 15 - 20 minutes to get a feel of the handling. The Bike has a great feel and a real nice pull to it. the seat was comfortable, let me tell you the roads in NJ pitted as hell. the handling was smooth and so was the gear shifts. It has a tight gear box so no false neutrals. The Rigid frame is very well constructed and the welds are clean and well done. The bike has all the legal tags (lol) and they are listed on the NJ approved manufactures list. What does this mean, I can title it in my State and its legit to be on the streets.

now in comparing the DF250RTB and the CCW Heist I can say the the handling felt better on the Heist. It may be due to the Heist engine being broken in but the Heist felt like it had better power and was able to stay in first for more than 5 seconds without screaming for mercy.

They knew the story of what had happened with Scooterdepot and the DR250RTB. And the fact that Scooterdepot asked me to ship back the DF250RTB Bobber due to it being an illegal street bike in NJ. One of the first things that Brett asked was did I bring the other bike down so they could ship it back for me, and he was serious. i had already shipped the other bike back the night before but thats a whole other story.

After a couple hours, a few cups of coffee and being allowed to play with the other bikes they had on site. i put a deposit down on the bike.

They were real understanding that I wanted to wait till I have my money returned from the other bike before paying for it straight out, but i still put the deposit down anyway.
They are taking care of all the PDI and all the other workup on the Bike and will start building it tomorrow. They even offered to drive it up to me themselves and asked me to come down and hang out whenever i want and go riding.

the Bike is worth every penny of the MSRP of $3195 USD I didnt even blink an eye and should have done this from the beginning.

If all goes the way it is supposed to I should have the bike by the 1st of April

here are some pics of me at the facility and on the Bike

Old 03-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #2

Thanks for the pics! 8)

I like that there is a kicker shaft on the engine, so you can install a kicker if you want to. The drag bars and 'Frisco style peanut tank are just right. They bobbed the rear fender on the test bike a little too far IMHO; I'd stop it right at the top of the tire.

I want your Guiness t-shirt.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #3

Thta is a very cool bike! 8)

So, short sleeve weather in Joisey now? That's great. Where are you from? I grew up in Newark, went to college and medical school in New Brunswick/Piscataway, and spent my summers between Asbury and Bradley Beach. Mom lived in Brick.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #4

fastDoc - It is a cool bike and yesterday was in the mid seventies. I'm in North Jersey outside the Meadowland in Clifton Passaic county boy most of my life.

Weldangrind - Cant Have it LoL, it was a limited run on those shirts like the Other i wore at a dropkick show I was at in NYC

it can be modified but you would need to move the pipe so that the kicker wont hit it and mod the mount. it can be done i have seen a few pics.

I'm thinking keeping it stock for the first month or two and find what i want to change.

The guys bike I was on did his work on the bike in 8hrs and for less than $50 USD

used a wet sand to take down the gloss on the rear fender and tank, then rattle canned it. Cut the rear fender with a 3 inch cutoff wheel

that is the stock pipe cut, gutted, and painted in a hiTemp paint then attached the frame mount tag holder

Old 03-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #5

Cool bike! That photo should be used instead of those pro ones on the thread on MCM!

Congrats on the new bike, and I am sure it will be much smoother ownership (registration) for you...

Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #6

Gardo,
Nice photos. I can see more of the bike in your photos than the CCW ones.

I wonder how many teeth are in the Heist's rear sprocket.It's much smaller than the Dang Fong's rear sprocket which might explain why you said you could run longer in 1st gear.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
Gardo,
Nice photos. I can see more of the bike in your photos than the CCW ones.

I wonder how many teeth are in the Heist's rear sprocket.It's much smaller than the Dang Fong's rear sprocket which might explain why you said you could run longer in 1st gear.
I can find out

Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #8

Yes, the front and rear sprocket size of the Heist would be nice to know since the DF and Heist have the same engine. weight and wheel/tire size..

The Dang Fong's sprocket front and rear is 13/40. I'm going to try a 14 first since it is easier to change and a larger sprocket should be easier on the chain.

These push rod engines appear to have good low end torque so a higher ratio might be fine.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes, the front and rear sprocket size of the Heist would be nice to know since the DF and Heist have the same engine. weight and wheel/tire size..

The Dang Fong's sprocket front and rear is 13/40. I'm going to try a 14 first since it is easier to change and a larger sprocket should be easier on the chain.

These push rod engines appear to have good low end torque so a higher ratio might be fine.
I will call them up on Monday and check it out cause if it is a 13/40 on the Heist i def want that changed up they may be able to suggest something

Old 03-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardo
Quote:

I will call them up on Monday and check it out cause if it is a 13/40 on the Heist i def want that changed up they may be able to suggest something
ok guys the Heist has a 15T front sprocket and a 41T rear sprocket check out this link PIT sent me that gives a great breakdown on the ratios
Motorcycle Sprocket Ratio Calculator

Old 03-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #11

JT Sprockets also has a chart, which is helpful for at-a-glance comparisons: http://www.jtsprockets.com/fileadmin...tgearratio.pdf

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
JT Sprockets also has a chart, which is helpful for at-a-glance comparisons: http://www.jtsprockets.com/fileadmin...tgearratio.pdf
I wonder if they are running a 420 chain on the Heist instead of the 520 like the Dang Fong because the rear sprocket on the Heist looks much smaller in diameter and looks to me that no way will a 520 15 tooth front sprocket will fit on the 167FMM engine.

Heist

DF

Old 03-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #13

Its probably 428. 15/41 sounds about right for that size chain on a street application.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #14

yea I'm running a 15-42 - 428 chain on my 167fmm (Saga)

Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #15

ok Stupid question what is the # of the chain is that the links or size or both?