Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #1

Joining the ChinaRider community with a Veli Supermoto

So I work for a company that gets lots of emails from Chinese companies. One of them happen to be Veli Motors. Ive been doing some research on possibly getting a Chinese Motard for this summer. The Qlinks seem to be positively reviewed, as does most other Chinese bikes, which is a nice suprise. The one Ive been emailing back and forth with is the VL200GY - 8 Thing look sick. i was only able to find one pic online, and it was realy no help in deciding the quality etc. Since then they have emailed me like 6 actual pics, thought I'd post them for your pleasure. the bike looks awesome, disc's front and rear, frame looks nice as does engine, fork is not inverted, but they said that is an upgrade I could do for cheap. Anyways looking for some real feedback from people who know more anout these Chinese bikes than i do. Anyways let me know the experiences youve had etc. And Ill post some sweet pics

What do ya'll think? Pretty awesome looking huh??? [/img]

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #2

Looks nice. I don't know if I would want stickers that say "backfire".

Engine is of the pushrod variety. It does have an improved frame and swingarm setup and the exhaust looks to be a better than normal quality.

I would say that the conventional forks are just fine. Inverted ones are not necessarily on upgrade and depending on quality can be a downfall.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #3

Thanks

Crap, just saw that this should probably be in the Dual Sport section lol. How can I move this?

Thanks for the reply, I would only go with the inverted fork because it looks so much better lol, Vein I know, but I just cant help it. Yeah I though the exhaust looked nice too. So what about the engine being a push rod? Is that good or bad?

Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum!

Good looking generic Lifanoid/Hondoid OHV.

Should be a decent bike, and easy to work on with good information here and parts availability.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #5

Moved.

The pushrod engines are fine that build lots of low end torque. They fall flat on the top end.

The OHC engines have better pulling power at high revs and are generally preferred.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #6

Backfire

Oh man, the name Backfire is just hilarious. But what can ya do lol

I plan on doing a full review of this bike when I get it. Its so obnoxious that there is not one decent video of riding etc with one of these bikes. I plan on doing a very well made vid for youtube, to show people what these bikes are really like. Heres a shot of me on my mountain bike, to help give you an idea of what Im talking about

So now all I need to do is save up some $$ so I can get this thing shipped over here. I really want this to be highway capable. Anyone know if there are chain wheels that fit these patterns so I can try some different ratios?

Cheers

Mike

Old 03-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #7

Nice looking bike, and nice looking drop!

Used to be big into FR/DH before martial arts took over my life.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #8

Thanks

Thanks, small world. Im still huge into it. Just love the feeling of floating in the air

Old 03-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #9

Nice looking bike - Good luck in getting one here....I'd like to know more about it......What kinda cost USD are you looking at total with getting one here? I paid $1395 for my 2009 Qlink XF200 -That included Shipping - So far I love it....

Andrew
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #10

Welcome to these forums, Mike; we are glad you joined us! I wouldn't recommend you ride any 200cc motorcycle on limited access highways. If you want to ride on the freeways, I recommend you look for a good deal on a Kawasaki, Ninja 250R.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #11

I like the looks of that bike . What you really need to know about that bike and company . Do they have a USA agent with an EPA approval . Without EPA you can't import the bike . I just went down this path ,trying to import and engine . I found that engines are not EPA approved by there self . whole motorcycles are ,at least from china . The EPA certificate is issued to the USA agent NOT the factory . I state this as fact , but I'm just saying what was stated in an e-mail conversation with an EPA Representative. You could become a USA agent and be the importer . cost could be as much as 20000 dollars to get the bikes approved and may need systems installed meet clean air standards . then to make it legal for street use it will need to meet federal motor vehicle safety standards FMVSS DOT issued . Guess i should ask your location , before writing all this . you could be someplace, none of this matters

Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #12

Re: Backfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_51_deluxe
Oh man, the name Backfire is just hilarious.
Welcome!

Maybe you could have the name changed to Misfire; no, that's worse.

I like everything about that bike, but I'm anti-USD forks.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #13

Those bicycle photos look photo shopped to me. Am I wrong?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:54 AM   #14

Went to their site--nothing EPA indicated, so probably a "you can look but can't touch" situation

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #15

Titling etc

I called my local licensing department, and they said as long as I have the MOS of the bike and that it doesnt say "not for road use" or something like that, then they would be able to do the paper work for it.

I live in a smaller town were we dont have to do emissions checks etc. So maybe it isnt an issue?

As for the highway thing, I find it hard to believe it wouldnt at least make it on the highway, I have a 2 stroke 49cc Yamaha RX50 and it will do 55mph on the flat. Basically double the house power with the VL200 right? The right ratio etc you really dont think it would work? Im not talking about long distance riding etc, just able to get on for a bit then off. Thoughts on that?

Thanks for all the responses.

PS LOVE the Qlink, that think looks awesome, yet again though, youtube vids with no real "riding" in em C'mon I wanna see a wheel or jump or something