Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #1

One of our best rides ever! Enjoy the pics!

God is so good!

I have a patient who owns/manages tens of thousands of acres along the Snake River just north of Pasco. He is a very nice man. When I saw him last time I asked if he would allow me and my friends to ride on his property. He thought it was a great idea, but said, "I don't know where you want to ride, there's nothing there except miles and miles of trails."

:P

He let us in the gate (gave me the combo for future use :P ) and told us to go nuts and have fun.

There are tens of thousands of acres there to ride on. There is no place where you could see it all. I'll have to recon it from the air. I could land there too. :wink:

Some of the land is planted, some is for cows, most of it is just open land and desert. It looks the same way it would have looked to Lewis and Clark and Sakagewea many years ago.

We saw coyotes, eagles, deer, and some game birds. I plan to hunt there in the future.

Sorry the video is sideways. If one of the moderators can fix that for me I'd be grateful.

More videos to come!

Roger in front of an old windmill that was used to run a pump to get water for cows.

Brother Roger is smiling in that helmet!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #2

The is the greenest the desert will get. I don't think we'll get any significant rain until next fall.

A FastDoc is a HappyDoc. :P

KLR's ROCK! 50 miles in the desert and about 60 on the road today. These bikes are the best!

A (single) tree grows in the desert.

Two heads are better than one! :P

Old 04-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #3

My copilot. :wink:

How interesting how this sand dune just sticks right out like that!

Cows. There was also a bull. We cut him a wide berth. 8O

Old 04-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #4

FastDoc smiling. You'll have to trust me on that one.

Tired!

Roger and his beautiful KLR.

Rand's beautiful KLR. I asked him to come with us today but he was out of town on business.

Roger is whipped.

Tumbleweeds.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #5

The video.

FastDoc is tearing it up. Full throttle accelartion in third. I think I may have hit the rev limiter. It felt faster than it looks on the video. If anyone can rotate it for me please do! :roll:

Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #6

Thanks for posting the nice ride report, Doc. I believe only you can rotate the video at Photobucket.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #7

Thank you for sharing Doc . If our weather keeps up like it is I'm thinking I might get to sneak my KLR out in the next week or so... Still lots of snow in the fields but the roads are dry. Well, everything except the alley that I have to use to get from the garage to the road, it's still full of snow and ice. Kind of wish I had a front driveway somedays
Beautiful country you have there and it looks like an awesome riding spot!

Cheers,
Stew

Old 04-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #8

What an excellent opportunity! You must be living right, Doc.

When you lay on the ground like that, do you need to watch for snakes? Just curious.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #9

Re: One of our best rides ever! Enjoy the pics!

Very nice experience of motorcycle driving you got there. It has become my zeal now to drive on such lands.
Its good to be close to the nature when I am on my two wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
God is so good!

I have a patient who owns/manages tens of thousands of acres along the Snake River just north of Pasco. He is a very nice man. When I saw him last time I asked if he would allow me and my friends to ride on his property. He thought it was a great idea, but said, "I don't know where you want to ride, there's nothing there except miles and miles of trails."

:P

He let us in the gate (gave me the combo for future use :P ) and told us to go nuts and have fun.

There are tens of thousands of acres there to ride on. There is no place where you could see it all. I'll have to recon it from the air. I could land there too. :wink:

Some of the land is planted, some is for cows, most of it is just open land and desert. It looks the same way it would have looked to Lewis and Clark and Sakagewea many years ago.

We saw coyotes, eagles, deer, and some game birds. I plan to hunt there in the future.

Sorry the video is sideways. If one of the moderators can fix that for me I'd be grateful.

More videos to come!

Roger in front of an old windmill that was used to run a pump to get water for cows.

Brother Roger is smiling in that helmet!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #10

Thanks for Sharing Doc - Very Nice Pictures. Looks like a great time. I am glad some of us get to ride alot. Thats Awesome. It was nice of your new friend to share his land with you. Thats unheard of here in NW PA. The land and area where I live is being bought up by people from the cleveland and pittsburgh areas. Once purchased they Mark thier new territory with no hunting and no tresspassing signs. Its very unfortunate that our land around here is being taken over like that and locked down. Congrats again on your ride experience, and thanks for sharing!

Andrew
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 04-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What an excellent opportunity! You must be living right, Doc.

When you lay on the ground like that, do you need to watch for snakes? Just curious.
I think that good Earthly relationships are a gift from God. I'm grateful to Him for my friendships and Earthly blessings.

I saw my first rattlesnake of the season about 2 weeks ago, but have not seen one since. Yes that would be a concern later in the season when it really heats up. I usually have to eliminate a couple snakes a year from my property. Snakes anywhere else where they won't harm me or my cats I let be.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
Thanks for Sharing Doc - Very Nice Pictures. Looks like a great time. I am glad some of us get to ride alot. Thats Awesome. It was nice of your new friend to share his land with you. Thats unheard of here in NW PA. The land and area where I live is being bought up by people from the cleveland and pittsburgh areas. Once purchased they Mark thier new territory with no hunting and no tresspassing signs. Its very unfortunate that our land around here is being taken over like that and locked down. Congrats again on your ride experience, and thanks for sharing!

Andrew
Believe me such stuff happens here too. Everywhere.

My area is still good though. Indeed there are several megafarms (moslty open desert) that have signs that say 'Feel free to hunt'. :P Easterday Farms is one that comes to mind. I don't hunt much but it's nice to ride there. There is also a lot of BLM land to ride on. 8)

There is the irrigation district land (dirt and gravel roads along the canals) that is technically off limits but historically has been used by off roaders from hunters to horses for decades and the no tresspassing rules never enforced best I can tell.

There are many miles of dirt and gravel roads for dualsport bikes that are regular public roads.

Finally there are the areas owned by BNSF Railroad. The trails there have been used for decades, although it's private land no one has ever objected, best I can tell. :roll:

Old 04-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #13

awesome day out!

should have gps marked the location of the sand dune from the top edge and then planned a ride same day next yr and see how far it moved.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #14

Just looking at the pics again, love em! Should have had my light blue 08 in there to round out the group . Quick question though, is the KLR your riding and Rogers still at the stock height? Looks like they are but I can't tell for sure.