Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

What Are My Bike Choices?

I need help with model names and numbers.The bikes I have looked into are the Suzuki DR200SE,Yamadog(Yamaha) TT/TW200.I really like the Suzuki DR200SE.All of my road bikes are Suzuki.I found SpudRiders bike while searching out the Yamaha TT/TW200.I like it very much.Not to fond of the balloon looking tires on the TW200.I am not really fond of Yamaha because of a bad experience with an abused YZ125.I'm old enough to let that go and reconsider a knock off.With that being said,all of my other offroad bikes and atvs have been Honda.So I am open to Suzuki,Honda,and Yamaha knock offs.Street legal dual purpose/sport.The two that interest me the most are the Yamaha TT/TW200 and the Suzuki DR200SE knock offs,but I don't know what other knock offs maybe out there.I have lost touch with the dirt world since I started riding strictly road bikes almost 20 years ago.I am open to anything between 200cc and 400cc.I know some of the 200s are a little less that 200cc.Something like 196 actual cc.I prefer new, as it is hard to title a preowned bike bought out of state.I tried it a few years ago and it was a nightmare.I almost lost the bike and ended up in jail over an honest mistake.I digress.

Back to my questions.
What are the knock offs models I should consider?
What is the model based off?ex. DR200,TT200,etc.
Where is the reputable sellers located?I'd rather take delivery in person.
How difficult is it to get a bill of sale and manufacture statement of origin?

I am going to make a trip to the DMV tomorrow and speak to the supervisor to be sure I have the proper paper work when I buy.We don't have inspection here of any kind.However,anything with a MSO/MCO or out of state title is heavily inspected twice,at the buyers home and at the DMV.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ben

Yes,I normally always write in full sentences.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #2

I know you said you wanted new but this is relatively close to you and fits the bill. Excellent deal and a great bike.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=12201

Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbloodsflow
I know you said you wanted new but this is relatively close to you and fits the bill. Excellent deal and a great bike.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=12201
Good deal?Yes for someone living in NC.For me no way.I bought my last bike from NC seller.Even tho I had everything I needed to register and title my bike,I still almost ended up in jail and having my bike taken by the police.It took 24 hours,because that was the time I was given by the trooper inspecting my bike,to strip the front end off my bike,sand the fresh paint off the head tube,so the trooper could make sure the frame VIN matched the title.Then to top it all off,I had to temporarily install the front end,load the bike up,take it down to the DMV,strip the bike down in the parking lot,wait two hours for it to be inspected again,get my title,tag,and registration,then reassemble the bike again,and load it back up.SC don't play.They have been finding a lot of stolen out of state bikes around my area using titles from local wrecked bikes.Now they give people 24 hours to comply,prove the bike is legit,or they take it and arrest the buyer for possession of stolen property.It's getting as bad as the northern and western states,just in a different way.Used to,you could walk into any SC DMV,hand them a signed,notarized,and date title from any where in the US,they would write up a new SC title,register,and tag it.This process has stopped a lot of us from swapping,selling,and buying any vehicle of any kind that requires a retitle.It is easier to get a bike titled with a BOS and MSO/MCO than it is a previously titled vehicle.They don't even inspect a vehicle with a BOM and MSO/MCO.Our state and federal governments get more rediculous by the day.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #4

Re: What Are My Bike Choices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
...I am open to Suzuki,Honda,and Yamaha knock offs.Street legal dual purpose/sport.The two that interest me the most are the Yamaha TT/TW200 and the Suzuki DR200SE knock offs,but I don't know what other knock offs maybe out there...

Back to my questions.
What are the knock offs models I should consider?
What is the model based off?ex. DR200,TT200,etc.
Where is the reputable sellers located?I'd rather take delivery in person.
How difficult is it to get a bill of sale and manufacture statement of origin...
The Zongshen 200GY-2 is copied after the Yamaha TW200 motorcycle.
The QLink XP200 is copied after the Suzuki DR200SE motorcycle. The QLink XF200 is a supermoto, not a dual sport motorcycle.
The rest of the Chinese, dual sport bikes are copied after Honda XR motorcycles; I call these bikes Hondoids.

The Zongshen 200GY-2 is no longer imported into the United States; I doubt you can find a dealer selling it.
You can check the QLink website to help you locate local, QLink dealers.
You can check eBay, or search the internet for local, Hondoid dealers.

If you buy from a reputable vendor, you will not have any difficulty obtaining a bill of sale, and a manufacturer's statement of origin.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #5

It sounds like its way more difficult to get things titled in some other states :P I figured Ohio would be bad but I didn't have any problems. I bought used and he just signed the title over, had it notorized. He gave me the original sales receipt but it was never used.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #6

Thanks all.

How much is the Qlink XP200 like the DR200?Is the front and rear enough alike to accept standard Suzuki luggage racks?I plan to use the bike for overlanding next summer if all goes well for the next year. :roll:

Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks all.

How much is the Qlink XP200 like the DR200?Is the front and rear enough alike to accept standard Suzuki luggage racks?I plan to use the bike for overlanding next summer if all goes well for the next year. :roll:
No, the QLink XP200 will not accept standard Suzuki luggage racks. :? The QLink bikes have engines that copy most of the Suzuki DR200SE engine; however, even the engines have some differences. The forks are different between the two bikes; also, the frames are different. I'm not sure, but perhaps even the carburetors are different. The QLinks are great little bikes, and if you can find a new, QLink bike for 1/2 the price of a Suzuki, it is a superb value. However, if you want/need aftermarket support, you are wise to also consider the market for used, Suzuki, DR200SE motorcycles.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Thanks all.

No, the QLink XP200 will not accept standard Suzuki luggage racks. :? The QLink bikes have engines that copy most of the Suzuki DR200SE engine; however, even the engines have some differences. The forks are different between the two bikes; also, the frames are different. I'm not sure, but perhaps even the carburetors are different. The QLinks are great little bikes, and if you can find a new, QLink bike for 1/2 the price of a Suzuki, it is a superb value. However, if you want/need aftermarket support, you are wise to also consider the market for used, Suzuki, DR200SE motorcycles.

Spud
The DR carb is different.IIRC,it is a Mikuni BST31SS.The older DR used a 28SM pumper carb,IIRC.

I can make racks,I just thought maybe I could catch one cheap on ebay.I like the thoughts of a larger tank,but I can make a small reserve tank.Still weighing the options.Keep the info coming.I am still searching here and other places for info.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #9

What is a Qlink X Ranger 200 a knock off of.
http://www.tradeusascooters.com/DIRTBIKES.htm

Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #10

Quote:
What is a Qlink X Ranger 200 a knock off of.
http://www.tradeusascooters.com/DIRTBIKES.htm
The QLink X-Ranger is exactly the same motorcycle as my Zongshen 200GY-2. You can learn more about the Zong/X-Ranger by reading the threads posted in my Zong Sticky.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=8673

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #11

I'm surprised anyone is still selling the QLink X-Ranger in the United States. The advertisement states this X-Ranger has dual sport tires. If, indeed, this X-Ranger comes equipped with dual sport tires, you still won't be able to get replacements for them. :( That X-Ranger is greatly overpriced at $1,999, even with a 2-year warranty. This particular bike would be a good deal at $1,000, or about 1/2 the asking price.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #12

Quote:
It sounds like its way more difficult to get things titled in some other states :P I figured Ohio would be bad but I didn't have any problems. I bought used and he just signed the title over, had it notorized. He gave me the original sales receipt but it was never used.
Man I had hell here in NC getting my bike tagged, go figure, we can own switchblades, silencers and machineguns, unlimited mag capacity, drive trucks without doors or tops, and anyone can open carry a handgun without a permit,, but damn you if you try to get a chinese motorcycle on the road..... :evil:

Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennnn
Quote:
Man I had hell here in NC getting my bike tagged, go figure, we can own switchblades, silencers and machineguns, unlimited mag capacity, drive trucks without doors or tops, and anyone can open carry a handgun without a permit,, but damn you if you try to get a chinese motorcycle on the road..... :evil:
North Carolina sounds like a great place, with the exception for the difficulties of licensing a Chinese motorcycle!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #14

If all states would take a page out of that book out country would take a few steps forward......

Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennnn
Quote:
I used to live in Hudson,NC.I love the open carry laws.No one ever messed with me like they do down here in SC.