Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #1

Lol... Wheeling and dealing

Found this old girl on Kijiji... I left a message for the owner, but no reply yet. It's funny too, I haven't even ordered any parts for my CT yet and I'm already looking at another old Honda trail bike... If they get back to me I might go check it out tomorrow

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ304104479

Old 09-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #2

Good luck, Stew!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #3

If he has clean registration with that bike, it's a bargain! You could bring it to BC and nearly double your money next year.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #4

I'm hoping that he gets back to me this morning and that it's still available. Hard to tell from a few pics but it looks like it's complete and in very good condition. If it turns over I would jump on it for that price!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #5

Would you grab it even if there was no registration? As you know, mandatory on and off-road vehicle registration has been in place since the early eighties in Alberta. If it came from out of Province with no registration, run the VIN here: Search Vehicle VIN

Do you have a provision for obtaining the registration for a vehicle in Alberta?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Would you grab it even if there was no registration? As you know, mandatory on and off-road vehicle registration has been in place since the early eighties in Alberta. If it came from out of Province with no registration, run the VIN here: Search Vehicle VIN

Do you have a provision for obtaining the registration for a vehicle in Alberta?
Nope, don't think I would want it if I can't register it. The wife of the owner got back to me, he's out of town till tomorrow salmon fishing. She said they have had it for about a year and a half, but have never registered it. So, might end up being a no go :(. I did go and have a look at it though, not quite as pristine as the pics made it look, but in nice shape for it's age... Even got it running and tooled around the yard on it . The low range is cool! Needs tires, chain and sprockets, battery and rear brake repair, the foot pedal is hanging down because the arm is off the spline. Chrome is all good, including the rims. Smells like stale gas and needs a carb clean as well. Gears seem to have excessive lash as well, or maybe they were all like that? I have to do some more research on it. Cool little bike though, I like it . I'll give the guy a jingle tomorrow and see if he can shed some light on the title thing.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #7

It would be great if he would title it and then transfer it to you. If he resists, remind him that any reasonable buyer would ask the same thing. You simply can't get caught on the trails without registration in Alberta.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #8

I'm curious, if he had the other owners registration signed over to him and then he provided me with that and a bill of sale I think insurance/registries would accept that? I've never licensed any of my off road machines as I always try to keep them on private land. It is risky here though, the fines are just stupid if you get caught on public land with no plate and insurance. If I did buy the CT though, my full intent would be to plate and insure it for the road. Hmmm... Mebbe I should pass on this one and concentrate on my CT70, though that one would definitely be off road (private land), no signals and no paperwork for it either.... Bummer!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #9

It would probably depend upon whom you dealt with. The reality is that the last registered owner didn't sell it to you, so it's better if the current seller has legal title first.

That low range and large wheel combo would be awesome.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #10

I wussed out :)

After some deliberation I've decided to pass on the 90. Cool bike, but I do think that it would be a chore to get it titled and street legal... Be different if I was buying it from the original owner, or if the last guy had at least gotten it registered. Needs all the same thing's as my 70 does as well (excepting the engine work!) Good thing W&G reminded me of the registration issue, quite frankly I hadn't even thought of it! Might have boughten myself a boat anchor!