Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 02:00 PM   #913

I took a look today at installing the hand guards I got from Amazon on the Templar X 250. The throttle grip was the easiest to get off to inspect the bar ends. On my bike it looks like the bar ends are not fully opened and will need to be drilled out to allow the expansion screw lock to be inserted into the ends of the bars. I didn't bother inspecting the clutch side bar ends, that grip is on tight and I would need to try using the air compressor technique to see if I can get it off easier for inspection.

I used the mounting pieces that clamp to the handlebars and test fit one on the clutch side. It seems to fit although not a perfect angle. I could either finish the angle by twisting the soft metal myself on the hand guards to match the angle of the clamp on the handlebar or tension the clamps differently at each screw point.

It looks to me under low light levels that the handlebars also have a flare in them and change slightly in outer diameter the closer it gets down to the risers where they are clamped to the triple T. I'll have to have a closer look at it in the sunlight.

So I will likely be able to install the hand guards but with some drilling required to get the holes large enough for the expansion locks to be inserted.

The kit appears to have a small expansion piece inserted into a larger outer shell. This seems to be how they achieve a one size fits all. But the holes in my handlebar ends are smaller than the inner expansion piece.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility